Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: EMDR - Has anyone done this

@Former-Member Heart

Hope you can get some good rest, can only imagine how draining it would be for you.

Take care. 🙂

@Former-Member 

Its nice to meet you too

I like my name too- I am very much connected to the ocean hence my name

Hope you can get some rest, take it easy mate 

Hi everyone! I mentioned last week that we would just be popping this thread over to here in the Our Stories section of the forum. As the conversation has moved into a longer journal/story style its just a bit better suited for this area. Don't let this stop you posting or connecting in here though- same conversation to get involved in just in a new spot! 

@oceangirl @Doglover @Former-Member @Gazza75 @eth (just tagging a few people that seem to be quite active in here so you know where this thread is - sorry if I have missed others!)

@Former-Member  Sounds like quite a draining experience. I hope you can rest up for awhile now. Take care if you can. 💕💜

@Lauz 

Yeah i went looking for this the other day & got lost. So am i on it now.

Im not great with tech

Hi @Former-Member  sending warm wishes for a swift recovery from your latest EMDR session.  I've had traumatic events which took several sessions to process.  Be patient with yourself and also as gentle with yourself as you can be after each session.  I always try to have a day at home after my session, or at least a few hours.  

Well done sharing so bravely here. xx

@eth 

Thanks

Yes i rested for a couple of hrs

Then i felt ok so did some singing prac & then went to an aqua class.

So the meds r holding me enough to get thru them 

Im very happy with the progress

I find it so fascinating

Hi @Former-Member - yes you are in the EMDR thread 😊 Good work navigating the forums and posting here. You are doing great at working out the tech! 

@Lauz 

Thanks

Ill keep posting feedback re EMDR as i swear by this therapy.

So far the trick is to rest up a couple of hrs after it.

Sure u do get upset visualizing the trauma but i do find that this therapist controls the session so u do cope. He really makes sure ive calmed right down before leaving.

As my therapist said ive done most of the hard work by listing all my traumas

Think the preparation work is the hardest.

I actually look forward to these sessions cause i know im going to release more pain

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance