Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: EMDR - Has anyone done this

Hi @Zoe7 ,

Thanks so much for you lovely messge. yes it is ridiculously hard, each day has been worse than the last. 

We had the meeting with pdoc. I wasn;t happy with how it went. Bascally said he wouldn't be changing anything meds wise, that it was psychosomatic and i needed intensive therapy. I was pretty crapped off. I can't begin to describe the symptoms but they are worse than anything I have experienced before, and I am now getting new symptoms to add to the list like panic, OCD tendencies increased, extreme agitation and restlessness, like I have to be moving and on the go all the time. If i am sitting or standing in 1 place I have really bad involuntary leg movements. And thats just the start. I can't focus or conentrate on anything, my head is woozy all the time nd my mind is racing out of control. But the doc is keeping things as they are, he said meds aren' going to help me, nd they are talking about discharging me this week sometime after I have finished coming off the short term anxiety meds. I am in such a state I can't even function and hes talking about discharging me. It's just crazy. I realised today that I wouldn't even be able to drive a car because of how bad my mind and head symptoms are, as well as the involuntary movements, and even the panic. I have never had a problem driving a car in my life, or with self care or anything like that and now, after a week and a half in hospital, I do, plus a whole heap more. Not to mention the depression due to being in the situation I'm in. But apparently its all psychosomatic! So crapped off but I just can't seem to get through to them just how bad my symptoms are. It's really tough Zoe, there are no words to ddescribe the torture I am going through and I just don;t seem to be able to get anyone to understand. The pdoc had a privte chat with my hubby before they invited me in  and my hubby is standing with the pdoc, which I am really upset about. somehow all these symptoms are mmy fault and I just need to get my head straightened out and Ill be fine.  But the symptoms are as much physical as they are mental!

Anyway, Ive rabbitted on enough. Thanks so much for thinking of me Zoe and for the big hugs, I really appreciate your support.  Big hugs and warmest wishes back to you. I hope you are doing ok. I haven't even asked how you are doing, too busy talking about myself. How are you going Zoe?

xxx

PS: Sorry for typos

That really seems like this pdoc is not actually caring about you at all @Doglover - certainly not listening to you and to make it worse your husband isn't either. Smiley Sad

I cannot understand why you are being put through all this - even if some of what you are enduring is psychosomatic it seems a cop out to say it all is. It really seems like you need to be seeing someone else for a second opinion - and you have the right to request that. I have little faith in this present pdoc for you personally as I can hear you don't either. In your current state discharge would be unacceptable but I can also hear that you do not have much fight left to change that either. I wish I had some answers for you Hon - but I certainly am listening and hearing your pain. 💜💙💚🧡💛

Re: ReHi : EMDR - Has anyone done this

Thank you for thinking of me @Zoe7 , I really appreciate it.

Doglover. xxx

Thank you for your support @Zoe7 . Unfortunately a 2nd opinion isn't really an option as I am a patient in the hopital under this particular doctors care. I will push back again if it is disussed in the next meeting I have with him, which will probably be monday or tuesday nxt week. I am actually afraid to go home. I had day leave today and went home and it really showed me the state I am in. I am in a much worse state than I was before I came in. I know have panic, ocd tendencies, extreme restlessness and agitation, involuntary limb movements where my leg or legs shake and jiggle all the time - I never had that before I came in here. And my head symptoms are just out of control. Too much to go over here but it is even more torturous than it was before I was admitted. I am in a mess even more than I was before I came into hospital. And apparently all I need is therapy. What a crock!

Anyway, I'v ranted enough.

I hope you are doing well Zoe, and thank you so much for supporting me. 

Hugs and warm wishes to you

Doglover xxx

I am doing okay @Doglover Heart

I see what you mean about a second opinion - that makes it extremely difficult Smiley Sad  This pdoc does not seem to be listening to you at all so I hope you can get through to him when you see him next. I hear your frustration also with him saying you just need therpy - personally I think his duty of care for you here is severely lacking - you know yourself best and thses symptoms you are describing are definitely worse than the ones before you went into hospital. I do hope you can communicate this to him and he actually listens Hon.

ps Rant away - if you need to get it out then here listening Heart

Just checking in with you @Doglover Hugs Hon Heart

Sending support and Heart@Doglover 

Thanks for thinking of me @Zoe7 . Things are really really bad I can't even begin to describe. My symptoms are torture and getting worse by the day. I also have so many new symptoms that I never had before I came in here. I've got so much worse, I can't even function anymore which I could do to a reasonable degree before I came in. My symptoms are just out of control!

Thanks for thinking of me @Gazza75 . You'll probably see from a reply on this thread to someone else that things are not good at all and my symotoms are out of control. I just dont know what to do. It is just sheer torture.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance