Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

Hi @outlander thanks for your reply. This forum has been very welcoming and supportive. I'm working on strategies. When I'm home I like cooking, TV, walks. This weekend is just a bit challenging with so many social obligations due to a family wedding. I'm going to try take the chance to have breaks when I can, and moderate my alcohol intake. I have a couple friends on standby to chat with if needed.

I'm seeing my GP after the weekend, so we'll see how I'm going then.

I'll look at the links you've sent. Thanks again 🙂 

@Molliex 

my husband has bipolar 11 and other diagnosis and he know actually how you feel about this weekend xx

what do you like cooking ??

I made some cheese scones the other day

Hello @outlander Heart

Hi @Shaz51 I like cooking lots of stuff, but the last thing I made was a date, walnut, and banana loaf - it's so good toasted with butter.

Off to the rehearsal dinner now! 

will be thinking of you @Molliex  tonight and over the weekend , you can do this my friend

date, walnut, and banana loaf - yummmmmmmm

im glad to hear your finding here welcoming and supportive @Molliex that is really great.
cooking is a good distraction, im often making sweet things. I don't know why though I don't really eat it I usually give it away lol.

taking breaks where you can and having friends on standby sounds like a good way to get through the weekend.

hello @Shaz51 xo

Well I made it through day 1. My daughter didn't have a nap, so I was mostly distracted stopping her wrecking the restaurant. I limited myself to a couple of drinks only, which was hard. I'm so used to turning to it to help get through, but it's really not a good mix with my new meds. 

I used a guided meditation to help me sleep, which worked ok. 

Have a few hours of quiet this morning before the madness starts. Lots of deep breathing... 

Thanks for all of your support x

Well done on a few fronts there @Molliex   Hope today goes better than you can hope for.

Happy Monday @Shaz51 @eth @outlander @Flying_Hams @Faith-and-Hope and any others who have commented on this thread. Apologies for not tagging you.

Well, I made it through the weekend. It was so draining, so little time to myself. Unfortunately I relied far too much on alcohol go get through the reception, so I'm a little disappointed in myself for that. I managed to have some fun though, so that was nice.

Will have a chat to my GP today and see what our plan is. I think I'll go back to work tomorrow and see how I go. 

It's lovely and sunny here today, I hope you all get a moment of sunshine in your day ☀️

Morning @Molliex ... 👋💕

Thank you, and I am glad you had some fun in the mix of it all ..... hope the day is gentle for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance