Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dark Skies

no way @greenpea Smiley Very HappyHeart

Hello @Former-Member

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Hi @Wanderer

I have chronic pain too - and that can only be controlled by medication.

I understand the difficulties - and in many ways chronic pain sufferers are treated like people with mental suffering - people can't see it and misunderstand so much and cause us more anguish - so hurtful and unncessary

I don't know what kind of pain you have or for how long - I haven't read the back story but it is hard - waking up every day with whatever degree of pain - it's the pits

People here are supportive for me as chronic pain is one of the reasons I am here though I have emotional issues as well

Sending my best thoughts

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Wanderer Another welcome to the forum from me, and a sorry that I have not been in a position to repond earlier too - we do what we can when we can, that's how it has to be. 

I have read along with most of your story and truly feel for you in all that you have had to, and still have to, deal with. It does sound like you are making wise decisions, I'd expect thta selling the farm is a better outcome both financially and emotionally for you than seeing it fall into disrepair. 

The betrayals by those whom you trusted to have your best interests at heart really resonate with me, along with all that you've endured, these things impact so much more widely and deeply, perhaps because they are unexpected. 

After years of the betrayals in my own situations, I still cannot understand the reasons behind all that happened, and continues to happen even though I am not around. I don't know how people can do such things to others, let alone those who they are supposed to care about, and who care about them. It does my head in. 

I truly hope your medical tests reveal a result that means better options for your future, and that you find a way through the maze of pain and tribulation. Heart

X

X

Former-Member
Not applicable

Just wanted to catch up and say thanks for the kind words. Wild Flower is a very pretty name. I know I chose my forum name with great care before signing up. Smiley Very Happy

I grew up on a farm, 16 years of it. Some things I enjoyed, some not so much as is the case with children and farm life. 

I do wonder if managing carbohydrate meal levels will help with those sugar crashes, they are not fun at all. 

Writing is one of my activities too. Really wanting to get more done with some half finished works. 

I hope your day has some pleasant moments for you. 

MDT
Community Guide

hey @Wanderer I had a read over your initial post

sorry to hear about what you've been going through

i dunno what else i can really offer by way of support other than to say i hope you find the forums useful and beneficial
MDT
Community Guide

Indeed @Wanderer
I think it's the best thing when you need it. Sometimes it's a challenge though. Like all things I guess
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hoping your day is progessing well enough for you @Wanderer.  

Wanderer
Senior Contributor

X

X

Former-Member
Not applicable

There is so much that you are going through @Wanderer, and it makes it quite difficult to talk when you have to 'talk around' the details of a situation, but it's also necessary for privacy, as we all know. 

I'm not sure there is anything I can offer except understanding of the difficulty of your situation, and the support of being present with you, without the physicality of presence - virtual existence is a peculiar and wondrous thing. 

(I hope it's okay to ask/ suggest) Would it be possible, if it has not already been done, to organise for some type of counselling for the two of you?

From some of what you've said I expect your wife has issues of her own that mean she finds much of life difficult to handle without more support than you might be able to provide right now given your own circumstances. 

I know nothing really helps with the hurt that you're feeling right now. 

Thinking of you, wishing you better days and nights. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance