Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

They might take abit to adjust @NatureLover
Did you have reading glasses previously? If so did the same thing happen last time?

I would perhaps take them back if your not finding the adjusting part is getting better just to get them checked. 
My eyesight in general has trouble adjusting but not so much when im putting them on, more when i take them off esp if ive been wearing them for a while. When i put mine on it usually only takes a blink or 2 and it helps.

If the lenses arent right they can make you dizzyand cause headaches because your eyes are straining to much. See how it goes for a few days though.

Are you getting double vision even while wearing them and reading or is it only for a few seconds when putting them on/off ? 

Thanks for your reply, @outlander ...I've never had any sort of glasses before. I think I will ask the optometrist, or at least the receptionist, about it. That's interesting your eyes still take time to adjust when you take your glasses off....and you've been wearing glasses for 12 years, you said. 

I'm not getting double vision, just feeling dizzy as things around are blurry...and it's more than a few seconds. I will watch for the headaches that you mention. I'm hoping I'll adjust. 

Have you picked up your glasses now? 

I gave finally picked up my new glasses @NatureLover apparently 12 years in excellent condition is rare lol.
Ok from what your describing perhaps take them to the optometrist, the only time things are blurry around for me is when the lenses arent quite right.
Yes when i take mine off especially after wearing them for a while it takes a few seconds to adjust (thats prob me though with my eyes inability to focus correctly)

When i put the glasses on, for me its much better i dont go blurry and my eyes arent so strained.

Im having trouble trying to describe this part but hopefully it makes abit of sense.

Are your lenses only set for short or long vision or are they set for both?
For example some people need glasses for long and short distances but instead
of having 2 sets of glasses they make it so the top half of the lense is made for the strength you need for long and the bottom half for short distances. Many school kids have this sort so when they look up at the board their eyes are focused more at the top of the lense and then when looking down at the desk they are on the short distance lense.
Hope that makes abit of sense...

@NatureLover
just wondering how your going with your glasses now that youve had them for a few days?

Good morning @NatureLover 🤗🌼🌸🌻💓

Hope you're doing okay, and that you are adjusting better to the glasses.

If you continue to get the blurry edges and dizziness, by all means go back to your optometrist and discuss this with the people there.  Sometimes it could be a simple matter of adjusting the fit over your nose or around your ears.  It may take a few visits to get it just right.

How are you doing, besides the glasses issue?  I have been thinking of you a lot.

Emelia 🤗💕

Thanks so much for thinking of me, dear @Emelia8  Heart

I just replied to someone in my CG role for the first time in I don't know how many months! 😮 I don't know what made me reply - maybe as I've just had 2 days away from the forums? Their post popped up...anyway, maybe it's a good sign for the burnout?

I've been sick for 2 days - stomach, dizzy and weak, not Covid. But it's made me scared to use the glasses and get the dizziness back. I was really sick and nearly died on Thursday when I couldn't get breath when throwing up. I'm thankful to be alive. So I'm putting off wearing the glasses for now. I did speak to the optometrist briefly on Wednesday and she said my reaction was normal and that I'd adjust...but I'm still scared. Thanks for your encouragement. 

How are you doing, my friend? And your furbaby? 
💜

Gee @NatureLover .. that sounds really bad.  Glad you are feeling better now, but certainly not good for 2 days.  I can understand your reluctance to go back to the glasses just now.  But is there a possibility that your illness may not have been related to the glasses at all?  It sounds like a very severe reaction.  Maybe it was a bug going around?  Oh my ... you nearly died?  Thank God you are still with us.

Yes I saw your response to the new (ish) member, and very good it was too.  Well done.  Fingers crossed it is a sign that your burnout is indeed waning.  Hip hip hooray ... we may soon have our delightful NatureLover back again!  🙏💓🤗

Emelia

So kind of you to ask about how I'm going with the new glasses @outlander Heart

I'm sorry about the delay in replying, I've been pretty sick for the last 2 days, haven't been online at all. 

I'm scared to use the new glasses now, as the dizziness makes me think I'll get sick again. Is that irrational? Or maybe just a normal reaction to how sick I was? Anyway, I'm putting off wearing the new glasses for a while. I see what you mean about the lenses which are set for long-distance and short-distance as well...but mine are only for short distance. Once my glasses are on it's fine, it's the transition on and off that's bad. 😞

I'm glad you have your glasses back, and yes, 12 years is something to be proud of. 🙂

Sending you 💙 and thoughts...

@Emelia8 wrote:

Hip hip hooray ... we may soon have our delightful NatureLover back again! 

Haha, thanks, sweet @Emelia8  Heart Thanks for your kind words too. 

Yes, Thursday was very, very frightening. I feel I'm very lucky to be alive. 

Yes, I think it was a tummy bug, but the dizziness with the glasses is just a bit frightening right now. I can't face it. Obviously in time I will try the glasses again, as I'll need them to read in the long term. 

Thank you for being caring Heart You didn't say how you were doing...I hope OK? 

Much 💜 

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell @NatureLover glad you're better. Hugs and love 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance