Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

I dont need to wear mine all the time thankfully but even in the case the dust from hay or other feeds get in there or if ive been patting them ans didnt wash my hands before touching glasses the dirt and pet dander gets on them so i use an antibacterial wipe just to clean them. I dont always take them to the horses though as i generally dont need them.
The disinfectant can kind of ruin them though so i be careful and try not to over do it. Im highly allergic to all pet dander dust pollens grass seeds etc so i have to make sure they are clean before wearing them otherwise i come out in rashes itchy eyes general hayfever .

I think you have your eye appt today? I hope it all goes well

Thanks for explaining, @outlander ...that's a real shame that you're so allergic to pet dander, dust, etc. - I can see why you have to disinfect your glasses. 

I had my eye appt earlier in the week, and chose my glasses frames. They'll be ready next week sometime. I can't wait, as reading books has become difficult. 

Hoping that you're managing OK... 💙

Yes, those pink flowers are stunning, @Anastasia , thank you 🙂

Yay - it's the weekend for us now! I get to stay home both days, which makes me happy (I'm a homebody). Walking, reading, some cleaning and tidying, gardening, washing my douna, chatting to friends...a sunny weekend too. I hope your weekend proves restful and you can scrounge some time for yourself 💙

@Maggie  am missing you very much. I wonder how you're doing...I hope you're coping. Am sending you the very best wishes and thoughts for what you need, and much 💜

@Emelia8  I know you have a couple of very bad anniversaries around now...I've resisted going to your thread as I'm not sure I'll cope, but just wanted to say I have been thinking of you, and am so glad you have such fantastic support here on the forums. Sending much 💜

@Eve7  How was your week this week, week 2 of your Manager's role? I hope it went well and wasn't too stressful...sending lots of 💛

Your weekend sounds lovely @NatureLover enjoy xox

Thanks for asking @NatureLover  My week had some challenges and a few wins.

How are you going?

💚🧡💚

@Eve7  I'm glad you had a few wins, yay 🙂 I hope the challenges lessen and the wins increase.

I'm going OK thanks, I like things quiet and they have been for the last week. Next week much busier. 

Thinking of you often 💛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance