Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Hi @NatureLover, there's a 'declutter' thread you might like, and a 'spring clean' thread. Not sure if on Carers side of forum maybe. Sheesh! You sure get serious about processing and organising your things. A lot of my stuff that's easily tossed is not connected to people or strong memories. Mostly op shop days out / spur-of-the-moment spends (retail therapy - that i later beat myself over ) even yesterday I spent  $80 (yikes 😲just added that up😞), at  and glocal TheTipShop, and garage sale 🙁 -  can't control it some  days, crazy! We're so programmed, and culture is so set up to steer twd shops, to make shopping centres our outings... Living alone doesn't help, I often go to the shops just for company. Getting through the superficial layers to the family stuff and memories will be harder, 4me, that stuff will need to be carefully collated. Makes me so sad I stop functioning. So, i don't mind distraction of 'pretty clutter' and material and shopping etc Especially this week😢 Oh, just  remembered, I also grabbed a wire barstool with backrest,  it was a roadside pickup 'freeby' 😃 to stand by my front door steps for handbag. Can't see it from the street - invisible is what I wanted. There's a reason for everything I buy. I've moved from a 3BR house on 1/4acre block to tiny 2BR unit with LUG, so, i really need to learn to toss more  buy less... one day 🙁

@NatureLover 💞❣️❤️

Great to see you xx

Hi @Emelia8 , yes, I did get your notification in my email with your update, it was slow coming through. Of course, please don't replicate any of your posts here. 

I'm glad your pain levels are reducing...I hope that continues. I'm sorry it's so uncomfortable sleeping at night 😞

I notice you haven't been on the forums this morning...I hope you're coping OK...

Sending Heart

@Former-Member wrote:

Hi @NatureLover, there's a 'declutter' thread you might like, and a 'spring clean' thread. Not sure if on Carers side of forum maybe. 

Thanks for telling me. I only know about the "goals" thread. 

@Former-Member wrote:

Getting through the superficial layers to the family stuff and memories will be harder, 4me, that stuff will need to be carefully collated. Makes me so sad I stop functioning.

Yes, this is hard...good luck, @Former-Member .

@Former-Member wrote:

I've moved from a 3BR house on 1/4acre block to tiny 2BR unit with LUG, so, i really need to learn to toss more  buy less... one day 🙁

It's really hard to downsize, I know! Your move would have been difficult.

@Anastasia  great to see you too, how lovely of you to visit my thread Heart

I hope you're doing OK, and your boy too. 

Sending Heart

Hi @Maggie ...I notice you haven't been online this morning...I hope it's not that you're in a bad way, just that you're reducing your activity here. 

If you are suffering more than usual...you have my thoughts and wishes. Sending much Heart

P.S. Thank you for letting Lilly know that I'm spending a week here, and for linking my thread 🙂

@NatureLover  It’s good to see you.

My little dog has been unwell. I took her to the vet two weeks ago because she had a bad cough. We have fixed that. She has a heart murmur, so it’s tricky, and she’s aging, 11 now. This morning she’s limping and not herself, so I’m concerned. I will keep a close eye on her today, and see what tomorrow is like. She might simply have slept in the wrong position, we all do it. 😂😂😂

I hope today is ok for you. I think it’s a volunteer day , I might be wrong, but I hope, whatever today holds for you, that it has some really good parts in it.

The birds I mentioned are wild birds that visit for a daily bath. I’ll try to get a pic.

More strawberries for you today. I wish I could deliver some in reality, they are yummy. 🍓🍓🍓🍓

Take care.❣️❣️❣️❣️

Good Morning my dear @NatureLover  hoping today has some joy in it for you.

💚💛💚

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your little dog is unwell 😞 I really hope it's just that she's slept awkwardly...

The wild birds that visit for a bath sound delightful. I have 3 water bowls in my garden for the wild birds. In summer I need to wash the bowls daily and refill, as they make a mess bathing in them, lol. But I like watching it. 

Volunteer day yesterday, today just some errands. 

Thank you for the strawberries, and for your reply. @Maggie 

Much 💚

Hi @NatureLover ... good to see you. Yes email notifications have been really lagging the past 2 weeks. I am still getting email notifications of posts from up to 3 days earlier. So you cannot rely on emails to let you know if someone has tagged you. Its quite frustrating, as its an ongoing issue which seems to spring up every now and then.

Thank you beautiful ... I was around early, but in hushed silence, did not want to wake anyone. 😉

Yes, still getting a little better each day pain and healing wise. Although I removed the light dressing yesterday and noted that one wound is still weeping. So I stuck a bandaide on. See surgeon tomorrow at 5pm, so still a bit of a wait for results. But I remain hopeful that pathology will be best possible news ... ie that they got it all and that cancer has not spread to nodes. Thats the best I can hope for, given what we already know.

Have you been doing lots of walks now that restrictions have relaxed so much? Plenty of time out and about in Nature is your go-to, so I hope its not been too hot for you to be able to do that.

Oh no @Maggie ... so sorry to read that your furbaby has been unwell. I didnt know, hadnt read it anywhere before now. Good that the cough has been fixed. As she is now 11yo, its highly likely that she has some arthritis setting in, poor baby. My girl has had it for a few years now, as I noticed she would limp really badly after getting up from sleeps etc, or being more active than usual.

My girl is 11 also, but will turn 12 on Christmas day. I have had her on a glucosamine dog chew (half chewy each day with her breakfast cereal) for a couple of years now, and she hasnt limped since I started her on it. Its been a wonderfully effective solution for her arthritis. Perhaps you could look into something like that for your girl also? I know not all dogs will respond as well as my girl did, but it worth a try. My girl was really suffering before I started her on it.

Awww lucky you ... with both the birds and the strawberries. Gosh ... does the two go together? I know birds and our fruit trees definitely do NOT go together.

Emelia 🤗🌺

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance