Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@Maggie wrote:

@NatureLover  Very much thinking of you right now. I just wanted to let you know.

sending caring thoughts your way. 💕💕💕

Thank you, dear @Maggie , it's much appreciated 💜

Thank you also for the sweet picture 🙂

I saw that it's been about 101 days since Tasmania last had a Covid case - yay! (Three days ago it was 98 days, I remember, and Victoria was 18 days.)

I'm wrestling with what to do, Maggie...my psychologist yesterday said I needed to take more time away from the forums. My burnout has increased lately and I'm having a lot of irritability (which is a symptom of burnout, and is not like me 😞 ) and am not coping at all with things I normally cope with, like my neighbour making noise, etc.  I really hate the irritability - I much prefer having peace in my heart and feeling love for most people, but I can't seem to find them lately. She also wants me to have 4 days a week without supporting anyone at all, just focussing on self care.

She recommended 3 months away from the forums, and said that it might take a month before I even started coping again with things like noise and irritability. But I would miss you a real lot, Maggie...I don't want to take time away. So I'm just going to think about what to do, for a few days. 

I hope you are coping...sending Heart and good wishes your way. 

@Maggie wrote:

I have been searching through pics, looking for the right one to post for you, but nothing is coming through. So instead, I’m posting my mandala, just finished today.

Your mandala is stunning 😮 I could look at that for a long time. Thank you Heart

(And am happy you feel up to creating) @Maggie 

EOR wrote:

This is the  view from my couch 😟 not sure if its hoarding, going into a depression release or just messy 😞 So over it! Hopefully 2nd one

@Former-Member  I reckon that picture you posted is just messy...and @Emelia8  said you had moved house recently and got stuff out of storage. Hoarding is when it adversely affects your functioning...do you feel it's doing that? 

However, I enjoyed the fact that you are the first person to post about possible hoarding of your own on this thread! Thank you 🙂

@NatureLover  Would it be possible to just come to your thread, ( when you feel up to it ), and let us support you.

No expectations, just a coffee, chat, sharing.

I’m copying in my not copying way @NatureLover . I’m reading some Job stuff at the moment. Lol.

Take time to think. Your health is priority. I miss you, but I understand completely. Sending a constant flow of 💕💕💕💕💕👋🏻

Thank you for your kind and understanding reply, dear @Maggie ...

@Maggie wrote:

@NatureLover  Would it be possible to just come to your thread, ( when you feel up to it ), and let us support you.

No expectations, just a coffee, chat, sharing.

I actually hadn't thought of that as an option. Drat - I wish I could run it by my psychologist, but I only see her once a month. I guess it might depend on whether I could refrain from trying to support people...knowing me, that would be hard. I will add that to my things to think about...but it does sound nice, just coming to this one thread and chatting. Keeping in contact, sharing. 

@Maggie wrote:

I’m copying in my not copying way @NatureLover . I’m reading some Job stuff at the moment. Lol.

I think Job is appropriate, from what you wrote recently of being in the 'pit'. I wish you had some other Christians who were "outside the box" to share with. I guess I am sort of in that category, but only very vaguely...I still have the Christian worldview, but am not consciously following. I'm glad you are coping in a non-coping way...lol...any way of coping is good, it seems to me. Heart

So sorry to hear you continue to struggle so much with your burnout @NatureLover 😔💞

If you are only able to visit this thread, and thus allow your friends to suppor you, I would be very happy to be here for you.  Anytime.  The really important thing is to make sure you come up with something that works for you, without cutting yourself off from people and interactions which make you happy.  So @Maggie suggestion of letting us come to you ... is a good one.  I'm sure you will work something out.  Always a pleasure to see you, under whatever circumstances are appropriate for you.

Sending heaps of love your way and a (necessarily) careful hug as well.  🤗

Emelia 🌸

Thank you dear @Emelia8  for your loving response Heart I really apreciate it.

I'm wondering whether I could trial a week or so of what you and Maggie suggest...it would be really, really hard for me not to visit other threads to find out how people are doing, and try to support them. People are going through such terrible things, including yourself 😞

So I will have a bit of a think.

Off to your thread now, to see how you're doing... Heart

Thanks @NatureLover, it does make me depressed looking at my hoard, tripping over it, not finding things when I need it, having to move stuff to get to stuff... Should see the garage. I just gotta get ruthless, by then that also triggers great loss feelings, and hopelessness. I'm so tired. BUT because someone was coming to buy big recliner (Gumtree) I stayed up 'till 2am Tuesday night and clears the loungeroom. Woke up next morning in a lot of pain but really felt good to wake up to a bit of tidy. I repositioned the 3drawer filing cabinets x4 and actually filled them neatly. So, hopefully I'll get there. Thanks for talking to me 💙

Good effort @Former-Member 😄💖👍

@Former-Member wrote:
Thanks @NatureLover, it does make me depressed looking at my hoard, tripping over it, not finding things when I need it, having to move stuff to get to stuff... Should see the garage. I just gotta get ruthless, by then that also triggers great loss feelings, and hopelessness.

That does sound like it might be hoarding, @Former-Member ...I'm sorry to hear, as hoarding is a terrible burden. 😞

I also use the word "ruthless" for the frame of mind I need to be in to get rid of stuff. I'm hardly ever in that zone, and it takes a long time (months and months) for me to psych up to be in that frame of mind. 

Well done on your work in the lounge-room and with the filing cabinets! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance