Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thanks, @outlander ...I'm glad you have the extras insurance. I was thinking overnight that I don't know how to manage sunglasses with the glasses, so I'll have to ask about that..which may be extra cost of course. All a big mystery. I hope your appt goes well with the optometrist today. 

@NatureLover if you need glasses all the time including while driving, they have the option to actually tint them so you can have a set of regular glasses but also glasses that are tinted.

@outlander  thanks...are tinted glasses the same as prescription sunglasses? And I have another question for you...what are the vision prescription scores out of? Is it 100? On my prescription, one of my eyes says 95 and the other says 60, but I don't know what it's out of...

um im not overly sure about the sunglasses @NatureLover i think they are quite similar though. i think you can buy prescption sunglasses that are suitable for you.
i had a friend have her actual glasses tinted though as her eyes were sensitive to the sun but couldnt wear sunnies all the time.
its def worth talking to the optometrist about though.

i believe the scores are how healthy your eyes are and all the tests they do so like eye pressure, vision, and all the things they look for in a healthy eye provides an overall score.

Im not sure what mine are but i know what strength my glasses are. i also have unequal eyes as well so one is abit better then the other. i also have a visionary thing where it takes a little while for my eyes to actually focus and i cant stare. i cant drive to much in the night depending where we are as the street lights affect abit of my vison as well. so when i read i often need a few seconds even with glasses to let my eyes adjust and i often need to take alot of breaks otherwise i get double vision. i will be without my glasses for a few days so they can be sent off to have the new lenses put in. they needed to go up a strength but my frames are in perfect condition so ive opted to keep them a while longer. they were blown away that ive owned them for so long and they are in such good condition. Not a bad $100 12 years ago hey!

Oh gosh, your vision sounds complex, @outlander ...I too am amazed you've had the same frames in good condition for 12 years! How will you go managing without them for a few days? 

I've started with 2 pairs of glasses, one for work/when I'm out, and one for at home. This is due to the germophobia as otherwise I would be disinfecting them every day. I told the optometrist about the germophobia and she said the glasses wouldn't last if I was disinfecting them every day. So they supported my concept of one pair for out and one for home, once they had grasped it, lol. It was funny watching one lady, the glasses saleslady, trying to grasp it, hehe...she did really well, she's lovely. 

ill be alright i mostly only use them for reading etc @NatureLover i can mnage without them im just abit slower and have to spend abit less time doing anything to do with reading. they said should be there maybe even friday or latest by tuesday next week so i think ill be ok with them.

im glad people understoof your germophobia Heart thats good as it cna be hard to understand.
i have some glasses wipes that i use to clean the lenses each use and also the frames every now and then too esp when ive been out or been near the horses.

@NatureLover 

Screenshot_2021-02-24-23-02-09-04.jpg

Hello also to @outlander ❣️

That's beautiful, thank you @Anastasia ! Heart
Last day of work for you this week, hope it goes well...

I would think even a few days without your glasses might be hard, @outlander ...but you are positive about it, so that's good 🙂 I hope yours will be ready by Friday. 

Thanks for the reminder that germophobia is hard to understand. It's so entrenched in me that I forget that to most people germs are not even on their radar. Well, maybe Covid germs, a bit!

The glasses lady told me not to disinfect my glasses, only wipe the lenses using the wipe stuff they will provide. That might be hard for me, not to disinfect them occasionally, especially my going out ones....but we will see. Do the horses make your glasses covered in hay dust or something? 

Thank you @NatureLover and you too 🤗🌸💞🌸 These are stunning 🌸💞🌸Screenshot_2021-02-26-07-28-33-48.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance