Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anxiety and living alone.

Hi.

I love listening to music.I also love playing music and writing too.I can just stay focused and leave the world behind while soothing the nerves.

If you want some great music to listen to,there are relaxtion music from the likes of Australian Tony Oconnor:

Rainforest Magic

Mariner

Summer Rain

In Touch

Dreams and Discoveries.

Love song

Whispering Sea

Complete Calm.

and I would also recommend the albums of Bob James like these:

Touchdown

Double Vision

One On One

Obsession

Restoration:the best of Bob James.

Foxie

Joy Ride

Lucky Seven

Two of a kind

All of those are beautiful music.

Chris.

I agree, I find a walk when I am feeling low or lonesome is very therapeutic . I love watching the seasons flow having come from the subtropics, charming spring green of new leaf and the budding of annuals,also the cats I meet, I always say hi to everyone I pass, particularly the young men who should be working but unemployment is very high in my town.....no- one should think that they are invisible, I can walk usually through my daily rosary and I am fortunate to be able to drop in and see folks at home with little ones.

It is ridiculous what gives me anxiety attacks, but it still does. I hate to be seen at times and so going for a walk requires a great effort!

After posting this I started looking around through the online bookshops trying to find books just for people who could benefit from relearning social communication.Just books to learn just basic communications skills so just having a conversation with new people would be easier.I did find several.I listed a few of them above in my post.Here's the one I bought this week:

"What to talk about :on a plane,at a cocktail party,in a tiny elevator,with your bosses boss".By Chris Colin.

Ooops.Just realised I had mentioned it before.I bought the book because I needed help with the situation too.

Hey Chris
I Know How You Feel , Ive Lived Those Feelings To,
Im Not Sure If You Are In A position To , But Have You Considered Getting A Dog ? Great companions , Can Help You get Out Of The House To , A Good Walk , Fresh Air Or Even a Run Can Work wonders On The moral ,
Hope Things Get better
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy.

Thank you for your reply.

I have chronic fatigue syndrome,that in itself makes going anywhere due to the severity of it.I'm in cfs groups/forums catering for it. I get outside and walk within the premisis. I have various volunteers who visit.Not having a social life is annoying.

Where I live I'm not able to have a pet such as a dog or cat.Pet birds are okay.Strata regulations.Not really in any hurry to get a pet bird despite having bought a  few books on them.

Chris.

Hi

I have 3 cats which are my best company. I know quite a few people, most of whom have an MI.

It sort of gives us a common purpose and interest, so those relationships are great.

I had my birthday today while I was at my compulsory clinic stay, and it was great. The nurses and even the psych tuned up, apart from all my MI friends/acquaintance's.

I wander around the shops up the road a bit so I can meet people that way. I am in a small village so mostly people, like the chemist, post office lady and the butcher etc know me.

I leverage these contacts a lot because it gives a communication point of contact. I am probably a little too forward in talking to people but I haven't had any bad experiences yet from it.

There are a lot of nice people on the form to talk to as well. Where i live is very isolated but I try to communicate with whoever I can, when I can.

I have a friends who has a parrot that sings a lot. He seems to find having a companionship bird rewarding.

An inner realisation of the value of my worth somehow lessens the feeling of loneliness.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance