Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jamc
Senior Contributor

Am i alone

Just feel that i am alone know this website is great but as i live by myself sometimes i just feel lonley must say though that as might take a while 2 have someone say Hi it is great as I know there are people out there

16 REPLIES 16
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am i alone

Hi 🙂 I'm a single mum with few friends and none who visit here, I had to move a long way. I k ow that feeling of loneliness especially at night. What do you do to help? I usually hav background noise going (ie music or telly) and read or surf net, catch up on the news etc
Hope you're going ok,
Lj

Hi @Jamc

there are a few of us lurking at the moment. 

I can relate to exhaustion after a workout.

George
Casual Contributor

Hi. I live alone ...with my beautiful doggies. Most weeks the only person i see is the checkout chick at woolies.
I'm very lonely, mostly on wkends. Another Saturday night spent alone.
Just found out im alone on xmas day too!!! NOT looking forward to that. Am i the only one?????

George😊
George
Casual Contributor

I have pets and they help heaps. Mostly i use the tv or the radio too...i hate the quiet, it makes me feel all the more alone. I like reading books or i colour in or do word searches. I spend a lot of time on Facebook. ...helps fill the gap.
George
Casual Contributor

What's everybody doing for Christmas day????

Saturday night tv is the pits ...

For christmas ... I am gradually finding out about more people who are alone ... and starting to feel less abnormal.

I plan to have a good movie to watch and extra yummy food that is easy to prepare ...  it triggers loneliness in a lot of people ... and things are changing in how many people approach that day.  Find a way to mark it that makes sense and is a comfort for you.

Yes spending Christmas by myself but a small leg of ham & some fresh prawns and enjoy myself

Yes just had good workout wiyh my best friend from work but i feel so down and the thought of Chistmas by myself again is so downing thankfully i see my Psychologist on my Birthday in 1.5 weeks 

Are you a Saggittarian like my little brother @Jamc ...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance