Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Zoe7Best wishes for your long day at school; with the kids and the brass ...

Heart

Popping by to say good morning to all.

Hoping that the day goes well for you today @Zoe7

images (49).jpeg

You've got this 💗

@Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Sans911 @Teej @Former-Member  and all passing through...

I had a pretty good day today - the morning and afternoon sessions went really well - the middle session was nt so great but I managed. A lot of the kids that where away last week needed to be caught up on the work and it made it a bit harder to get around to them all in Maths but it is what it is and I will change my approach for next week.

The principal even gave me some compliments today - the main one that sticks in my mind is she said I have a lovely way with the kids - that is something I never doubted myself but being allowed to be myself a bit more now has helped bring that out more too. She also said how well she thinks I am doing at taking criticism and all the feedback from her (like I have a choice lol). 

At this stage I will be doing the usual Monday afternoon and all day Friday on the same classes I did this week and maybe a whole day on Thursday. We have our meeting with HR on Monday as she was unable to make it today as she had 2 funerals to attend (so I totally understand and feel for her). I am more confident going into this meeting than I was the last one.

The principal and I briefly spoke about next year and I told her I had spoken to HR and believed it was best I moved schools - the principal agreed with me but also said that if that was not possible then she would support me at this school next year (what a turnaround hey!!!) I still think it is best I leave though as I can't get past the lack of confidentiality by another teacher there and therefore the history between us. It would also be nice to be closer to home. I need to wait and see what happens there though.

All in all a good day with some positives including loving the job again today!

This was such a great post to read @Zoe7! So happy to hear 🙂 Big go you! ❤

Oh @Zoe7 I’m so so happy to read this post 😊 It’s great you had a better day tiday. Snd omg the principal has changed!!! Wow great she gave you some positive feedback as I’m sure you deserve it. 

You sound like you’re in a good headspace st the moment. So happy that you’re loving your job again  Such a huge positive. I’m sure next year will be a great year for you. 

BB ❤️❤️

She was also very complimentary about how I handle an incident in the playground and wondered what I said to one of the kids to get them to go where I wanted them to - I told her I told him to go there and he just did - maybe that is because I have known the kid since he was a baby (as I do with most of the kids) and he has always listened to me @BlueBay @CheerBear  - must be just 'that way' I have with the kids - and the principal saw that very much today ...and it was good for me to be myself more again too.

So glad for you @Zoe7

Maybe she was trying to test you out, but was quetly impressed inside by your maturity, maybe she was seeing whether you got the job cos of your mother and she wanted to really know that you were good at it on your own terms ... whatever ... it is great news.

Cheers forum buddy.

Smiley HappyHeart

Thanks @Appleblossom It has been a good day. She still won't leave me with the class by myself but I honestly don't care anymore - just doing what I do best and teaching the kids - and despite a few hiccups - that part is going much better.

such a great post to read @Zoe7 Heart

Thank you @Shaz51 let's hope there are more like that to come my sister.

How was your cleaning day? Was Smoky smoochy today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance