Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Oh sweetheart so much on your plate.

I hear you and I'm sending you extra strength and hugs cause I know you need them but I also know you've got this @Zoe7 πŸ‘‚πŸ˜”πŸ’ͺπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—βœ”οΈπŸ’ž

@Zoe7 πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Can you pack a work bag of smaller tasks to do and take it with you to your Mum's place and elsewhere @Zoe7 ?  Maybe some prep work ?  

I used to get my mending done that way when my children were younger.  I would safety-pin a button to the item of clothing it had fallen off, throw a matching cotton into the bag that already had a sewing kit in it ..... and if all I got done while waiting at school pick up was to sew on a button, well, it was one more button sewn back on !!

Feeling for you too.  It's hard when your "get up and go" has got up and gone without you .....

Ingenious @Faith-and-Hope !

πŸ’ž

@Zoe7 πŸ™‚

@Anastasia @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @oceangirl 

Hoping your day goes well

πŸ’œ

Hi @Zoe7 

You seem to have a lot on your plate atm - with Christmas and finishing up the year at school - I hope you are able to manage without it having too much impact on your health

I think I read that your mother wants to have Christmas at your home - which seems a bit of an imposition. I don't know how many people are involved with that or how much space you have for such an event - or if other people help with the food. I know there would be no way I could do a meal for a family here - I don't have the space or the cutlery or crockery. And I haven't got cooking space and I have forgotten how to cook a meal for more than mysef after all these years - so I really feel concern that you might be expected to do something I could not and I hope my imagination is just running away from me.

Also I am pretty sure that Cat died - I don't know what happened but when I read that I felt it myself - our furry mates are like our children and we are responsible for them and when they die it is a true grief for a friend we have had for years and someone who has given us unconditional love - which is rare in the world now

So I am thinking of you and I know you decided not to have your birthday this year and that you had it in the last couple of days - so I do hope it was the best it could be - 

Also - I hope your health improves and it's good that we are having the long school holiday's to rest and recover.

I'm sending my best thoughts

Dec

@Faith-and-Hope Unfortunately most of what I need to do this weekend requires space and setting up so can't 'travel' with any of it. Going to work as long as I can tonight to get as much done as I can then find a little time to myself over the weekend in between it all. Sooo tired - could have easily put my head down and slept on my desk at work this afternoon Smiley Sad 

Have taken Cat to the vet and had her blood tests. I will get the results either tonight or Monday (depending on how busy they are). She didn't need anaesthetic again so that is something. If these results come back ok then we won't need to do them again for a couple of months ...everything crossed that they are okay 🀞

How has your day been?

@Owlunar Mum wants to have Christmas at my place because she can't have it at their place (she is too unwell) and my sister is in no place presently to have it at her place. That may change if they get the kitten that her partner wants to get so waiting to see what happens there. It was her cat that passed away not my little girl ...and she is devastated by it after losing her other cat a year ago also. She is in two minds about getting this kitten but her partner really wants it - I think she has already fallen in love with him herself but reluctant after losing her little boy at only 10 months old - it is a hard one because on one hand she is still grieving her boy but on the other hand this new kitten could be just what she needs. She sent me a name the other day so I suspect they will get this kitten - just hope he is healthy and they do not have any issues with him because that would break her ...and that is what I am most scared of for her.

My birthday is coming up soon but my friend's memorial is on that day so I will be attending that. I will see my family on the same day as it is being held in my hometown but it will no doubt be a quick visit as I can imagine I will not be in any mood to celebrate anything and Mum will still be recovering. I will have Toby with me though so I will take some comfort in his hugs and kisses.

The next couple of weeks are going to be full on with everything happening as well as the end of school things going on - I quite honestly do not know how I am going to do it all but there is nothing I can do but keep swimming.

Returned some library books this morning @Zoe7 , βœ”οΈand found some trackie pants I had been looking for  βœ”️

Then had a shoulders and neck massage βœ”οΈ and had a couple friends over for coffee - first time since quarantine in March βœ”οΈ

Just helping finish D2's jigsaw puzzle (the hard last part where all the pieces are the same colour) βœ”οΈ and listening to music while I wait for her to come home within the two-hour window I was given by s2bx ..... :face_with_rolling_eyes:βœ”οΈ

πŸ‘‹πŸ’• @Owlunar 

I suppose a 2 hour window is better than 'whenever' @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Frustrated

So lovely to hear you had friends over for coffee - getting back to a little normality as well as the company is wonderful to hear πŸ’–πŸ‘

Good news on finding the trackie pants too - love it when we finally find things that weren't where we thought they were 😊

I have put some veggies in the oven to roast and some to steam - enough for 2 meals so when I get home tomorrow dinner will be sorted and I can get on with more work. It is supposed to rain most of tomorrow also so getting the washing done tonight and hung out to get in early before it comes.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance