Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Thanks @CheerBear yes that DID help. Sorry to hear you find this challenging at times too & am wondering whether you co-parent or do it alone. I’m not so concerned about the older 2 kids who got the most energy etc from my husband & me. It’s the 9yo & 12 yo who could benefit from more routine & self-discipline (but if I haven’t got it myself these days, how on earth can I expect to instil it in my kids?!). I’m just so tired & lacking enthusiasm re work & life but overall I need to consciously dwell on  how many great things/people are around me....but why do I feel like hiding under a Doona to avoid life (and overly enthusiastic recruitment/HR people?!). Anyway, @CheerBear I suspect your child/children are very aware of your love for them and isn’t THAT a primary function of successful if not perfect parenting? 

Morning @MDT@Zoe7@CheerBear@Maggie@Former-Member Hope everyone has some good moments today. I’m feeling somewhat tired & blah about another work day, but I always try to be positive with the residents. Anybody got any motivating words for going to a job you’re grateful for but don’t particularly enjoy?!Tomorrow is my day off & psych appointment. Hope all goes well for DSP appointment with male psych that you mentioned in another thread @CheerBear - thinking of you & sending optimism 

Hugs @Sam3. Hiding under a doona (which for me is a fluffy pink blanket) is very tempting often. I think that's a sign of being tired and overwhelmed, and probably a pretty natural response to that (and to tricky recruitment/HR people!).

I am very much a single parent after my kids and I 'fled' (I don't like that word but there isn't a better one) family violence. In almost all of the ways it is easier this way. I get to make decisions, I have freedom over how to parent, there's no arguing with an ex etc. but in a few ways it is not so easy too.

I too try to hold on to the good and great people, things and moments that there are in my life, as you mentioned doing. I think that's one of the best strategies I have to get though the hard times. I'm thinking your kids are aware of the love you have for them too and surely that's worth remembering for yourself also. It is for me and thank you for the reminder ❤

Hope work goes OK today. I think it is @Sans911 who has a dsp thing today. I had mine approved (which is a hugely positive and life changing thing) last year. Thinking of you Sans also.

👋 and ❤ to all

yep @MDT ok supposed to be 34 here but feels warm already dunno. .. pay wasnt in bank .. w t  really didnt need that ok its 1 day, but unless they pay it this week will be taxed more ..annoying

Damnit @TAB
Thats annoying. Are you okay for funds for the rest of the week?

More garage work today and a Bunnings trip to pick up some more shelves. They are all up now and I can finally start moving things in and sorting them out. It is super hot in the garage at this time of day so the sorting out can wait until later. I have to go to the old school this afternoon to pick up a couple of things on the trailer -  then I can have the trailer free for all the rubbish. I can throw things out as I sort and then make lists of what needs replacing. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so might need to move a couple of things temporrily back into the garage until the weekend and then have those 2 days to get organised. It is coming along slowly but getting there. I hope to have it all done by Wednesday next week as I start DBT again then.

@TAB I hope your pay goes in very soon - nothing worse than expecting money and not getting it - fingers crossed it is in tomorrow for you.

@Former-Member @MDT @CheerBear @Sam3 @Maggie Hi to you all - have briefly caught up with posts but don't seem to be able to take as much in today so far - might be beause of the heat I was working in - so will re-read and catch up properly. Sending hugs for now Smiley Very Happy

I imagine it’s annoying indeed @TAB but maybe to visit to retrieve your tools & have a conversation about casual employment too perhaps?! I’m on lunch break. Everything fine atm apart from some irritable, rude residents. Don’t delight in this work but I know I should just be thankful I have a job for another 2 weeks. Really concerned about managing demands of any new employment if I’m even successful in achieving that. It’s hard isn’t it when feeling blah to do what you need to do. Wish I could be less self-serving & more focussed on doing things for my kids/husbands/friends. Strange when you want to cry but can’t. Thanks for your support @CheerBear Wondering how @Sans911 is going? 

wow that sounds busy @Zoe7 yeah fingers crossed but doubt that they are that organised re pay. Thanks tho

sounds like a plan @Zoe7

Nice one! 🙂 see you soon

it was casual @Sam3 and yes I snuck in a few days ago and got tools. have more work from them in 2 weeks time, so can survive and that's good that you got work already

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance