Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

well done on your gym work & job searching @MDT , ESL sounds interesting. thanks for your support, thanks too @Sam3 , @Zoe7 , @TAB for your support, it's really sweet of you. I feel like such a blob! Trying to do a hike today to get my blood moving.

even just a walk around the block is better than nothing @BryanaCamp

Enjoy your time at the gym @MDT . I think today is going to be a great day. 

I like the positive attitude @utopia

Hey @MDT 

Hope your day continued to be alright.  You are doing all the right things.  I know its hard to get established and so much in life can be repetitive.  Hearing your weariness about that, but also your maturity.

I was at the zoo for a few hours today.  Even though I know it does me good. I still have to drag myself there. Thems the breaks.

Cheers mate

Smiley Happy

hey @Appleblossom thanks for that 🙂

I've felt a bit tired all day actually. Not depressed which is nice. Just tired. Sent out some enquiries about esl work today. Feeling demoralised at myself - but I guess this is nothing too new given what I'm dealing with.

I have my psych tomorrow. Hopefully going to be a worthwhile appointment.

I'm feeling like I'm lagging behind on where I could right now in my life and career. Just stuck on how to change that. That colleague I reached out to last week still hasn't gotten back to me.

Idk. I'm going to tune out from all of this crap for now. Just playing a game for an hour or so. Might come back to it after.

@MDT  Waiting for call backs is hard.

That is the reason why I like the tennis pro metaphor ///  just keep hitting the ball ... networking ... etc ... something might turn up from another corner, unexpected, or even more suitable, but, also give yourself down time ... as the the actual game of tennis is a small part of the time in a pro's life.

Smiley Happy

I like @Appleblossom 's analogy of the tennis game @MDT  You are putting in so much energy to get things moving in a positive direction and that is all you can do. It often seems like nothing positive is happening but you are putting yourself out there and that is important. Hoping something comes up for you soon though buddy - your deserve that with all the effort you are putting in Smiley Very Happy

@BryanaCamp  Hope you at least got out for a walk today even if you didn't get to do a hike - baby steps are still steps Hon and are a positive in your day Smiley Very Happy

@Appleblossom  I hear you about the motivation to actually get up and moving - I am finding that hard in the mornings but once I get to work I find a little more energy. The busier I am the quicker the day goes as well.

@Sam3 Thnking about you and wondering how your new job is going - would love to hear all about it and also how you are feeling Smiley Very Happy

@utopia Always lovely to see you around and being so positive Heart

Hi gang, thanks again for your support, it's so lovely to have people who understand. I did manage to go for a 10km hike, although I munched out on sugar afterwards thru the afternoon, just so tired and sugar-cravy. It was kinda a battle to wash my hair & brush my teeth but got there.

@MDT I really admire your tenacity & stamina, you're doing such a great job every day of seeking out opportunities. Something is bound to come up, it's in the probabilities! How are you today?

@Zoe7 hope your working days are continuing  to be lovely with good people & interesting tasks. Thank you for your support at what must be a very busy time for you.

hi @Sam3 are you back at work, how are you travelling?

I've gotten up today & got ready for a big meeting (an interview), I've had loads of coffee to help with energy and fingers crossed I perform ok in it!

Great to see you're feeling positive @utopia, hope today is a great day for you!

Thanks @BryanaCamp
Today I see my psych. Will raise all of this with him. I think my tenacity is slowing down. But that's how it is. I'm getting demoralised with my situation tbh. So I can raise this one too.
But thanks again for your well wishes. I hope your day is gkid
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance