Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @Mazarita 

Hi everyone.  Its a new world or some of it the isolation is my regular world it feels weird how negative peeps get on staying at home.  I feel its really a challenge how can I do what I was doing but not leave the house.  The days I would stand at the door freaking out if I had to go outside for one minute.  Now I smile watching kids single file pass 2 metres apart.   My friend just got a job last month and now laid off, shes gutted and her hands hurt so she cant massage.  Sent her good vibes and positive gifs.

Hey @Appleblossom   don't worry, I wasn't alarmed, in fact it sounded like a change for the better re neighbours.  Glad to hear your physio (I think it was) was clearer with you about having a plan to work on your progress, and that you were able to speak without getting blocked.  I also have a thing where talking about some events or difficult times my throat constricts making it hard to talk, so I can empathise truly with that.  A couple of those events included physical trauma around there and I believe the body stores memories, not only the brain.  It's a hard one to work through I know.  Sympatico here.  

Hope your day is peaceful and has some joy in it.  I would love so much to be able to meet you in a writing group out in the world - but here will have to do  - at least we have this.

Hi also @Mazarita @Valentine @Zoe7 @TAB  and all here.  The word for today is community - so strong here.  Love to all Heart

Hi to all here and who I chatted with lately, sorry if I miss anyone  @Mazarita @Appleblossom @Adge @Valentine @Zoe7 @TAB @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @CheerBear @Flying_Hams @Shaz51 @Snowie @WriterMelb  @greenpea @Angels333 @outlander @Teej @Exoplanet @Sophia1 @Molliex @Former-Member @Queenie @frog @Define_normal @Smc @Harmony_seeker @nashy hope your day is one of the better ones today and has some highlights in it x

Just spent a couple of hours outside in the lovely sunshine we have today after lots of rain yesterday.  Did some weeding, thinned out and potted up some flower seedlings, sat in the sun eating pawpaw.  I can't even remember what the flowers are but I know I must have loved them to nick a couple of seed heads from the garden at my water tai chi place.  Really missing the regular sessions there.  But in all reality I could be doing the moves I remember here at home - might do some later.  I'd like to share it with bro, sil and her mum too so I need some practice before I forget.

Installed and signed up to Zoom this morning - it seems like lots of groups are now having face to face meetings on there.  Turned out to be quite a simple process, which relieved me.  I had put it off for a week and missed a few get togethers with the disability alliance.  Sometimes you just gotta rise to a challenge.

Take care all and stay kind xx

Whats Zoom @eth?

Hi @TAB   Zoom is an online platform for group conversations that can handle large groups, unlike fb.  Sort of an alternative to skype.  I'm not sure why, but lots of groups seem to prefer it.  Has lots of functions you can do on it - I watched a how-to video but I think most of it is too advanced for me.   You can google it at zoom.us I think or something like that.  You'll probably get a better explanation than I can give you.

https://zoom.us/

@eth 
I've signed up to Zoom too. I suspect I will need to use it for my shrink and  gp appointments. Maybe for outpatients as well. 
I found it easy to install as well

WriterMelb

@eth 

Heart

@TAB @Zoe7 @Mazarita @Valentine 

Smiley Happy

Had unsuccessful skype session then successful zoom one last week.

Zooming again later today.

Cheers ALL

Smiley Happy

Red-Faced Parrot-finch has a new friend now.

Even though they are both males.

South Beach Finches: Finch Rating Scale

Had never heard of it @eth

Hi all,

quick trip to the supermarket today for essestials. Was surprised how many people are still out and about. Thought it might be quieter but wasn't.

@ethglad you had some time out in the sunshine. The rain has just started here.

@Adgebeautiful picture

@TAB @Appleblossom @WriterMelb @Mazarita hope there is some good moments in your days. 

Love and hugs, Snowie ❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance