Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @eth @TAB @Flying_Hams

Thanks.

Changing threads, because I don't want to take away from the Happy (light) nature of Saturday Soiree.

I've been here just over 17 years - that side neighbour has been aggressive & intimidatory, ever since I came here.

So it's a long-standing issue (hostile neighbours), now on the other side as well.

Mortgage, it's my own place (so far) - depending on divorce claims, when I ever tackle that.

Was my place, well before my marriage.

My neighbour owns her house, she is not moving anywhere - she is on DSP (disability pension).

Cannot afford to move, because I don't earn enough to pay any amount of rent (not even $50 per week) - came here to the poorest (cheapest) suburb, because it was the only place affordable (at that time).

So options are limited, & when stressed I cannot think of any (as at present).

I phoned the council (1st time for me) - very ambiguous confusing answer from switchboard person, which came as a shock.

The council person seemed to say that my neighbour can throw branches (from my shrubs over-hanging fence) over the fence, into my back yard - but that she is supposed to (or ideally should) discuss it with me first.

Which my neighbour did not, & won't do (obviously).

Sorry, I've run out of energy, can't think of or write any more.

Adge

okay sounds tough @Adge  yes had vaguely heard that somewhere years ago re branches and whose they were and where they end up, but they're idiots and its upsetting for you

Thanks @TAB

Thanks @eth (from other thread).

I do need to "think outside the box" - I'm sure that there are other options, re: somehow moving to a better neighbourhood, etc. Despite having no energy, & major health issues.

It's just that in "survival mode" - earning only $400 per week, for past 12 months etc - I cannot see (figure out) the options (possibilities).

I just obstacles in the way.

Adge

well maybe the challenge is how you see the problem @Adge  ? not sure. I've had hardly any income since mid october,savings getting run down , keep telling self to think of options and end up nowhere, and no energy re moving house, ok no bad neighbours here anymore, just well why am I in this place if not working ? hmm 

Sounds like we have a lot in common (similar) @TAB Re: trying to motivate or come up with positive (new) options.

I've gone into arrears (over weekly income) by $20K over the past 18 months.

Just to pay basic expenses (baked beans & bills)- so not looking pretty, hard to stay positive about it...

Adge

yeah I maxed credit card, then paid it when homesaver scheme abolished(got access to money was trying to save for house depost) ppaid card off them maxed it again, I used to even put rent on it lol

Anyway, body  and mind breaking down at work, so burning bridges plus not getting younger anyway looks like going to have to be working again soon somehow and thats not a Plan. thats survival . @Adge @Shaz51  am over here

anyway just getting a bit down finances worse than thought, dole application getting thwarted, its all getting a bit real, cos dole wont cover living expenses anyway thats just short term

Hearing how hard things are for you @Adge  - when we feel stuck it's hard to see options for change.  Feeling for you.

You too @TAB   really hope the dole comes through and also that you find work you want asap.

Wondering if either of you has seen a financial counsellor at all.  Pretty sure a lot of charities have them, as well as centrelink.  Salvos, anglicare, catholicare - I've been down that road and it really helped me make a plan for change and stick to it.  They can also get your interest on some debts stopped for a while with a lower payment plan for a period.

@Adge  those charities also have counsellors to help with housing options.  Especially when things are as bad as you describe with troublesome neighbours making you feel unsafe.

Just thinking out loud here, but want you both to know there is help available. 

Thanks @eth  had started down that path before re fin. counsellor think there might be one in town here. no income tho. perhaps seeing actual counsellor might help me get in mindset to get some casual work Anyway thanks 

No worries @TAB   I always aim to help x

Thanks @eth 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance