Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I only found out the other day they were putting it on card @eth  um  wont make any difference in reality, well except cant replace my cash spent in anticipation of it coming. 

yes, def need to get routine happening, have got morning walks happening, which is a good base for day but need more structure for day

@eth We are lucky to have this community here around us at this time. Love and hugs back to you Heart

I'm on annual leave from Monday (5 weeks) - which at least gives me a small income over the period (minimum hours per week).

They have no work shifts to offer - which is why they approved my leave at such short notice.

My shifts for today (Thursday) & tomorrow (Friday) were both cancelled.

Not sure if there will be work (operating) in 5 weeks time or not.

Adge

Hey @Adge I would highly recommend getting onto Centrelink straight away in case there is no work in 5 weeks. You may even be eligible now for the one off payment to low income earners ...worth checking out.

Thanks @Zoe7 Yes must do that.

One small step at a time.

I've had a flare-up of physical health issues today (severe bowel pain etc).

So could not tackle other issues, until I got the pain under control (reduced).

Smiley HappyAdge

Sorry to read about it @Adge 

I have no annual leave as I'm a casual.   However I work for a public swimming pool and my council employees has offered 4 weeks pay for all casual workers.    

It's a small consolation.   I don't see any work coming my way until the end of July.

Can you apply for centrelink?   I registered yesterday.

Hey @Adge , sorry I didn't see @Zoe7 post giving you the same advice re centrelink.

That's fine @Angels333 All good intentions.

An extra nudge in the right direction doesn't go astray...

Adge

Hello @Adge @Zoe7 @Angels333 @TAB @Mazarita  and anyone else around this morning.

Adge I really hope your tummy feels a bit better today.  Good news that your leave was approved.  Good luck with applying to c'link. 

Hope c'link comes thru' for you too Angels.

Thinking of you too Maz and TAB.

Zoe I agree - we are lucky to have the forums it's true, and it is what we make it.  Keep reaching out people - lets care for our community and pull through this together.

Take care and stay kind everyone xoxo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance