Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

You're welcome Em🤗 what are you up to today?

Had to go into town for grocery shopping today @Former-Member  and did an early load of washing. Other than that, I rang my Dad for a chat. And 'read' some more of my current audiobook.

How are you @Former-Member ?  😊💗

Em 🌸

That's pretty big day for me, groceries and washing. How's ya dad? I must get into audio books (as can't just sit and read for long) what genre do you gravitate towards?

Dad sounded a bit brighter today @Former-Member . Had a good long chat.

With books ... mysteries are usually my go to. But I like quite a wide variety of different genres. 

How is GG? 🐶

Emelia 💞

@Emelia8Sorry I dropped out. Had to put the bin out and got distracted as usual :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Glad your dad is a bit better. I miss my dad (10wks now)

Arr, mysterious are good, they suck me right in and I just HAVE to stick around for the ending :face_with_rolling_eyes: Think i just Must visit the library.
I've been ok, was in a bad place after my roadtrip, reflecting on how hard it's become to do it, and if this sad existence will be enough for me... not good.  But i've got control of my mind back / found a way to ignore the inevitable. 

But tonight, I am feeling for Zoe7 after her post tonight. Relationships are so hard to maintain on the forums... unless someone's tagging me or show interest (like you) I find it very hard to keep up, and that must be read negatively 😞
🐶 yep, little GG is as much a joy as ever thanks for asking. She seems well but needs a haircut soon. We had a lovely outing @Bunnings yesterday. I walk every Isle with her for exercise, and finish with coffee in the cafe by the nursery. So many other dogs there, all well behaved and soooo cute 🤗.

Is your  Holly all healed up after her lumpectomy?

I have to downscreen - hope we all have a good night's sleep. Goodnight 😴

Hi @Former-Member You said:

But tonight, I am feeling for Zoe7 after her post tonight. Relationships are so hard to maintain on the forums... unless someone's tagging me or show interest (like you) I find it very hard to keep up, and that must be read negatively 😞

Me too absolutely EOR & Emelia - I cannot keep up.

I feel like a Total Outsider, completely left out.

Especially during tonight's Peer Support Chat Session (on Relationship Boundaries) - I tried my absolute Best to Participate.

There were no responses to any of my Posts (contributions).

So basically I Felt Invisible, during the entire discussion....

It was a very Good (Important) Topic.

Thinking of you both - @Emelia8 & EOR.

Smiley HappyAdge

Sorry to hear that @Adge 

I tried to get onto the Peer Support meet up tonight, but could not get into it. I had registered earlier in the day. But tonight I just could not get into the site at all. No idea why.

I know how you feel that your posts were ignored. It does make you feel invisible. I had a similar experience on the Topic Tues this week. 

And I too have difficulty keeping up with fast moving threads or discussions.

Thinking of you too @Adge 🌹

Emelia

Sorry @Adge - but ya doing better than me tonight, I didn't even know it was on :face_with_rolling_eyes: No, but seriously, it hurts to feel left out, ignored, passed over etc Especially when our own family have hurt us this way. It's hard to not hurt when the bruises get bumped. People Should be more sensitive on these MH forums. I have to keep reminding myself not to expect too much from 'peers' who are here because they too battle MI.
I can't see stay long - just didn't want you to feel passed over again tonight 💙

Thanks @Emelia8 Much appreciated.

Thanks @Former-Member You're both very kind.

So sorry about your Dad (missing him) - Yes it's so recent.

I still miss my Dad terribly - He died 5 years ago now.

I cannot believe that 5 years have already passed (without him).

Have a good night, if you can (I hope).

HeartAdge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance