Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

(((((💙 @Emelia8 💙)))))
💌💙💚💛🧡💓💜💌

An awful night last night ... no sleep at all.  In lots of pain.  And that just makes everything else worse too.

Phoned my GP practice right on 8.30am this morning to try to get one of his urgent appointments.

The receptionist said "Is it an emergency"?  Ummmm no ... if it were I'd have gone to A&E at the hospital.

Do you really need to see Dr *****?  Yes I do really need to see Dr *****. 

Sigh.  Why is it so damned hard?

Anyway end result ... I have managed to secure one of his precious urgent appointments for today.  Seeing him at 11.45am.

I'm thankful because I cannot go on like I have been the past few days. 

Emelia 🌸😔

Dear @Emelia8

I'm so pleased to hear you were able to secure an appt with your GP. I do hope it goes well for you & he can provide some relief for you.

Thinking of you!

🌸🌸

@Emelia8 so glad you were able to get an appointment with your gp. It shouldn't be this hard to get some help however 😔 I hope the gp is able to help you hun.

Take care sweetheart 💜💜

@Emelia8 

Yes - Em - a good question - why do things have to be so hard? I would love to know the answer to that one. 

I am glad you managed to get an appointment with your doctor today - you need to - and for you in your position I would consider that an emergency - after all - you didn't just bang a shin somewhere - you have had major surgery and need your GPs support

So I am hoping the session went well with your doctor - he does know about your situation though you haven't told him everything I think - and you are so alone in the world right now

I am glad we can be here right now - it doesn't feel much but we are not judgmental and we do understand even if we haven't walked in your shoes - among us all we have walked in your tracks some of the time over some of your issues

It's good that you are keeping in touch - and writing to ease some of your aloneness - I don't know what happened the other night - I realise that the live-streaming of your father-in-law's funeral didn't go down well. That was rough on you.

Sending more best thoughts - such as they are - we are having a beautiful day in Melbourne today - and it is the last day of spring. 

It doesn't feel at all Christmassy yet - I have wrapped some parcels for my daughter and grand-daughter and I need to mail my gd's parcels to her soon - I am not good at wrapping parcels but I did better than previously today

Sending gentle virtual hugs

Dec

Wow - we can find nearly everything on the internet these day - virtual hug sentWow - we can find nearly everything on the internet these day - virtual hug sent

Dear @Emelia8 ,

i am am sorry I have not been on line to you recently,  I have not been in good place myself and think it may be best to stay away when I am like this.  

I had to watch my stepfathers funeral via a video link and I found it very hard. It was during Victoria’s major lockdown and was only attended by one sister and two brothers.  To watch rhem like that broke my heart.

your troubles with such lack of empathy from your husband also bothers me a lot. I am sorry that you hurt yourself.  You need to be physically protected at this time as well as psychologically safe.  

I understand what you are going through with the breast cancer and what next stuff.  

Being alone is terrible and worse at certain times.

i went alone to my appointments too.  I also feel very alone now and find facing life each day very hard.

by now you will have been to your Dr, I hope he has been able to offer you the support you need.

we are all here for you, and we are real even though this is a virtual environment. 

My thoughts are with you I think of you so often over my day. I am sorry you had such a hard day on Friday but feel reassured that you say you are safe and seeing your Dr. 

Keep safe dear Em.

love peri

Dearest @Emelia8 

It was/is urgent, please don't be shy in being assertive when it comes to you, you matter too hunny, a whole lot.

I am so glad that you got in. I do hope that he provided you with the support required to aleviate the pain. I am sorry you are going through this. Hoping that you are ok, love and gentle hugs and I am here if you need me for a little bit longer today xoxo 

Few minutes up my sleeve so came here to tell you I think you are very special @Emelia8  🤗💞❤️

Awwww gee ... thanks @Anastasia 😊💖

Im heading off to bed now. Got some strong pain killers from GP today, and really hope it results in some much needed sleep tonight.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow from 10.30am and hoping its all okay.

I think you are a very special person too @Anastasia 💕

Thank you for your messages from earlier today 

@Peri @Owlunar @Snowie @WIP . And all those others from previous days. I will try to respond to you all tomorrow. Too sore and exhausted now.

Emelia 🌷

Thank you dear @Emelia8 

I hope you get some sleep tonight xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance