Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: 23 year old son

@soul @outlander He didn't really say much about what made him so upset, seems like his anxiety is just overwhelming him at the moment, he said he isn't sure about his relationship, worried about work and if he'll ever be as good as he'd like to be at football, he misses his brother, seems like it all just came to the surface

Sounds like his whole world is crashing down on him. I think you mentioned that he was taking meds at one stage. Do you think he would be open to resuming that? 

Sounds like it was a mix of alot of things @lovemyboys just everything dawned on him.
Its good that he showed that emotion actually. Most males dont as they have that stimga around crying.
Maybe after hes rested abit he might be able to think abit more clearly.

It is really good that he came to you and opened up about these things. Having someone to listen is so important @lovemyboys. Is he asleep now?

I've encouraged him to see his GP because I know that suddenly stopping medication is not good and I would at least like him to try being on them for a bit longer @soul He's in bed, hope he's asleep.

@outlander thanks, He has not done that in a long long time and I think he just needed someone to sit with him and let him know it will be ok

Would he be open to moving in with you or is that not an option? What's his current living situation? Is he close in distance to you?

Some times all it takes is just that one time for him to cry it out release it and know that your there for him @lovemyboys i hope he comes around tomorrow. He might open up abit more to uou once he has recouped himself ❤

He lives in the next suburb @soul with some housemates

That's good that he can pop over quickly if he wants to. How are you feeling @lovemyboys?

Yep maybe @outlander I am worried about him, hoping a sleep helps.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance