Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

CRAIG
New Contributor

0 MOOD ON THE SCALE

Why are normal people more productive? And less stress and less mental illness? It is a science of stabilising moods so much that 0 mood is acheived meaning +10 grandiosity and -10 depression on the low scale. So the most production point or mood is 0 on the scale. This is acheived by taking optimum levels of mood stabilisers and staying away from highs, this gives you balance to swing up and down to a small degree only to stay closer to 0 mood. the level of thought is maintained at 160 metres a second and a more happier life is had. Enjoy your mood.

1 REPLY 1

Re: 0 MOOD ON THE SCALE

Hi Craig,

Good of you to join us, welcome!

I don't know that people who are "normal" really exist except in stats to be honest, but let's assume that whatever most of the population have as mental health (or ill-health) is "normal" for the sake of the discussion. I would say they are not necessarily more productive per se, just productive of what society seems to value in economic terms.

So as an example; I tend to produce soup, poetry and prayers for people in need of them - whichever they need - or sometimes even all three. I listen to them talk about what is hurting in their lives. I hear what they see is broken and wrong, and it hurts to tell and to hear. But I listen, and they know someone cares enough to hear. It is a small gift of friendship. I try to hear the things they are doing right, their strength in the midst of what they see only as weakness, and I hold up a mirror and show them what I see. If I was being productive I wouldn't have time to listen because I'd be too busy (and I'd also be too sick myself). So I value this different sort of production that comes from nurturing myself and others who are hurting.

I don't try to live on the 0 mood scale -  I'm not looking to live on a plateau - but I don't like being on a rollercoaster either, which is what I get when I'm really unwell. So I work for balance and quiet amongst the messiness of everyday life - which has its joys and its pains. It holds a place I can and do grow.

Kind regards,

Kristin

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance