Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: how to get friendship back with someone

Moving forward sounds like a great thing to do @SoSad, while it is incredibly sad (especially when we want to hold on to, and help that person), you can get stuck in this carousel chasing contact. Do you have friends that you can lean on to help you break contact?

I have some wonderful friends that have helped me in the past and are helping me now. I decided not to make any further contact. I put myself out there and tried to make contact and that was rejected so there’s no point in trying to continue. It just puts me down. He knows where I am if he needs to talk. That’s all I can do. One day he might call and apologise for his behaviour towards me but I can’t sit around and wait for that either. It’s just hard when you still care about someone.
Thank you for replying 🙂

So glad to hear that @SoSad, you don't want to miss out on everything around you. Be kind to yourself, you have done everything you can to try and reach out and enjoy spending time with your friends. Do you have plans for this afternoon? Heart

Hi all

after a couple of weeks of sending this I got a response from him. It was only when I was assertive about it that he responded. 

He apologised for his behaviour and isn’t able to explain it. He has also come off his medication and working hard to maintain that. 

I accepted his apology but said to him that I’d love him to be able to explain any of his behaviour as it would help me. Seems silly but I don’t understand why someone would block someone off like he has towards me when he was the one that kept hurting me.

i also uploaded a heap of photos of his dog that I had onto the cloud so he could grab those.

I have received no further correspondence with him. What’s the point in apologising but continuing the same pattern. It makes his apology seem worthless now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance