Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

hugs and love @Former-Member  HeartHeart

hello @thecolourblue Smiley Happy

What is really sad is, so many people suffer in silence with PTSD to the point of suicide. No one in life cares to ask, “are you ok”?

They know people are struggling and they can’t be bothered to show any care.

Then everyone goes to their funeral and says, “oh how sad. What a nice person they were”. 

Why can’t people take time to care while they’re alive. 

I agree with you @Former-Member 

I suffer from ptsd. Hope you’re ok xx

I care @Former-Member 💕

I'm having some weird feelings today. I feel like a slob and a worthless blob as I couldn't get up until 10am. Then I felt like a guilty, dirty, useless loser becuase I had to write a job application and I hated writing it and feel like some kind of corrupted fraud for even applying. I'm sick of applying for jobs and I'm sick of being interviewed, I seem to have lost my enthusiasm and resent having to write yet another application. The applications are all so similar, I'm doing a lot of cut and pasting but it still takes a lot of effort and it feels futile becuase I still don't have any job offers. I also feel guilty & bad becuase I'm unemployed & lonely and no-one is going to want to offer me a job.

I also feel weird because I've been supporting my brother in a psych ward overseas via phone. He's going home today but when we spoke to him last night he sounded like an idiot (bless his cotton sox & I love him dearly) and like he was not going to use the opportunity to improve his life. I'm frustrated with him and very disappointed with him. I feel like if I can get effective treatment and be brave enough to follow through with all that then why can't he? He was talking about trying to get his meds reduced when he's only just started to recover from having a psychosis and needs to put supports in place & start doing things differently. It's like all the understanding and advice I've given him over the pat 2 weeks have just gone out the window and he's planning on going all isolated again without learning anything from the fact that he only recently got involuntarily admitted to the psych ward. He's very negative and doesn't seem to have much initiative and it's so frustrating that he seems set to just start going around in circles again. It's awful listening to his complaints as it's very repetitive and very negative and I lose my patience with it.

It's also become part of my routine to talk to him on the phone and I feel quite lonely and sort of miss the conversation too. So that's weird. They are very difficult conversations but I kind of miss it too during the day.

I can't see what I can do to try to improve things.

I wish hospital was an option.

Not good. I am exhausted. Really drained and soul weary. And angry at the same time. Work, study, weight, money. Crap all round. I've lost any equilibrium I fought so hard to attain and I don't know how to get it back. Just so over it and feel like escaping, only there's no way to do that .

Image result for stuck

@ frog Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance