Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

I'm trying to tap in to the belief that some boundaries I have set with someone who was a friend are OK, but they're being pushed against with the most recent being a concerning message about how alone he now is and how he is experiencing a significant deterioration in his mental health, including specifics.

I don't want to do things with him anymore as they were becoming no good for me, but I also don't want to leave him in a place as bad as it sounds he is in. I find it hard to hear of someone going through a difficult time and ignore that. I get that what he is going through is hard for him, but in a way I think he might be playing on my emotions too and I don't want to give in to that.

This pushing makes me doubt myself. What if I really am uncaring and cold-hearted? What's wrong with me for not being able to establish and keep firm boundaries? Why am I doubting this when I think deep down it is OK? What if something happens and I didn't do anything about it?

My mother is giving me the shites and starting to upset me. Are they my kids or hers....or maybe im just selfish like everyone seems to think. 

Seeing all these former graduates of my old high school celebrated by doing great things like honours degrees and engineering...all part of international women’s day. I reflect and worry, am I such a loser that I’ve not accomplished anything worthwhile to others? Part of my plan was to help others, but apparently that’s not enough. When will I get off my stupid butt and do something amazing?

I can't control my urges. I feel like I have lost total control.

Little voices are going chitter chatter in my head

Little voices wishing I was dead

At the moment, I’m constantly anxious. I have complex-PTSD and I was doing okay for a while. My memories that I suppressed returned last year. I was coping okay. I saw my psych forgnightly and continue to do so. Maybe I was this bad then too. I don’t know. But last week I had a whole new round of new memories. I’m worried about everything. I’m at home with a virus but I can’t stop checking my emails for work. Obsessing about every little thing I should have or could have done better. My anxiety is ruling me. When people are here, I want to be alone. When I’m alone, I want someone here. I feel like I can’t do anything right. I look at the clock and hope time has passed and only minutes have. I can’t concentrate. I feel like if I tell people what’s wrong or how bad I’m feeling that I’m also failing. I hate that the people I do tell.. I feel like I’ve burdened them. 

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove.

O no, it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken...

William Shakespeare,

Sonnet 116

i am really sick of looking like an idiot through other peoples faults. really really sick of it. i always have to deal with the repercussions of these things while everyone else looks like they have sunshine coming out their backsides.

i cant be in 5 different places at once like everyone seems to expect me to!

Always here to listen @outlander Heart And sending a lot of love your way today.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance