Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Well, the sun sets in the west lil Sis @outlander so yes we have some spectacular sunsets over the ocean. I see the sunsets from where I live, but it's almost an hour to the ocean, so I only get there every few months. Sometimes my friend, her children and I go to the ocean and buy fish/chips. Then we watch the sun set. It's very calming.

I hope the icky feelings you have ease up soon. Do you have any peppermint tea? You could try sipping on that. Or flat lemonade.

Foreground - Mr A Background - JasperForeground - Mr A Background - Jasper

@outlander 

@Appleblossom 

Sounds so nice sis @Sans911 id come watch the sunsets with you. That would be really nice 💜
We have some nice beaches here. Sometimes i go sit and watch the waves. The only problem here is that every beach within an hr of me is a dog beach which makes it hard for me to go and most other people too cause the dogs come running up to say hello slobberring and dripping wet ao makes it quite annoying if you just want to go for a walk.

I cant have peppermint cause it makes it worse and i feel like im suffocating (like literally cant breathe and like an allergic reaction) if i even smell it. No lemonade on hand either but ill get some tomorrow. Weetbix set it off badly tonight. Had literally 2 mouthfuls before starting to feel sick. Its going to be a very long night here cause cant even move much. Its one step forward 10 steps back with this 😖

Awww gosh they are so damn cute!!! 😍🥰🥰😍

Thanks @outlander. I'm going to log out now to get a Milo and try to settle. I hope you're feeling better soon & can get some rest. 💕 💕 💕 💕

Goodnight @Sans911 💜💙💜💙

My cat has a thyroid problem and on thyroid meds which will be daily for the rest of his life, apparently. It has been interesting as I have learned more about hormones and what they truly understand about them.  He is old ... late 70s in human years ...

When things were really bad with my son a few years ago I let things go with both of cats, people were saying their loss of weight was just old age, but one cat died, 2 days before Christmas. Hiis kidneys packed up and it was probably heart attack.  Though he was quiet and we cuddled just before he passed. There are so many reasons I dont like Christmas anymore ( mum died Christmas day) They were litter brothers, but the survivor was always slightly larger.  It has taken a whil but he is having a second wind in life, putting on weight and the quality of his coat has returned.  He is also pretty fit for an old guy ... according to vet.  Gradually becoming more of an indoor cat ... which I wanted to do for his own health and the health of birds and wldlife in the area:

smileyhappy:.

@outlander 

Smiley Happy

@Sans911 Your story of being ... in care ... is different from my mine ... a little more like my younger sister ... who had a positive relationshiup with her foster sister, but also felt triggered as they were of such a different Heartsocial class than what my widowed mother could provide us.  My brother and I were more used and teased or abused by fosters ... each person's life ... similarities only go so far ...  I guess I learn a lot by comparing humans and animals .... pets ... and the zoo ... and wildlife ...

Smiley HappyHeart

King Cat has just jumped on couch and snuggled under my elbow as I type here.

Cat HappyHeart

Hugs to both of you.

Evening @Sans911 @Snowie @Appleblossom @eth and all passing though

Hiya lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜

Hey @Sans911 How did your volunteering thing go today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance