Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

AAUGH.JPGBreathe 2.JPG

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

^^^^  How I feel at the moment   ^^^^

Just in case I was not stressed enough about life got a call from school this afternoon about inappropriate behaviour.

For the same behaviour his sibling was the victim of only last week and came home traumatised as the result. 

And the kids are stressed too... and stressed kids sometimes react by behaving badly. Smiley Frustrated

Seen that often enough. Hope you can sort it out.

@Determined 

Sending gentle thoughts and a little something.images (97).jpg

Thanks @Former-Member @Smc  and sorry about my little moment earlier. I am just not coping at the moment. Have taken time off work next week but still need to do morning startup activities. Just not full shifts. 3 more weeks of uni and I am done for the year as far as study goes. Just hope I can hang on for that long. 

Anonymous forum, among anonymous friends. Perfect setting for having a moment. 🙂

Hang in there.

So I am in the process of enacting some self care strategies with some encouragement from a work colleague and supervisor.  I probably should have said something sooner and scaled back in some areas and avoided my current state but was kidding myself that I could manage. And I have the need to prove to myself more than anyone that I am reliable with work and study commitments. Well that went well as now I have taken time out of work and will likely not meet my study commitments as the result of trying to do too much without adequate support. 

No big issues (its all relative) just I am emotionally exhausted, not coping an unable to focus on required work.

On the bright side I have some people looking out for me. Not that I am looking for a pity party but it was nice having someone not accept my smile and I'm ok. just tired and following up regarding my wellbeing. 

This coming week I have a consult with uni support person;

Need to get an app with dr for medical cert. (Should not be a problem as she already wants me on more/ different meds as she has already noted my decline and the need for action);

Have requested an extension for uni assessment but that is dependent on dr cert.

Take time out to exercise. even if I don't have time I need to make time. 

I have some amazing support from people I work with and encouragement to look after me. 

Darling has no clue how low I am, she knows I am struggling but have to keep on smiling to ensure her wellbeing, 

Sometimes it would be nice to be the one recieving hug and assurance that everything will be ok but on the flip side having darling and our boys to focus on is what gives me strength. 

So that was supposed to be a positive post but not sure if I succeeded or not. 

@Determined 

Trust you can be at peace with whatever decision you make in relation to both ongoing medical treatment as well as consideration of whether or not to tale a sabbatical from study.

Went for a ride on my bike today with mum. Nice ride with some hills and twisties. We  met up with the family at a park about hour drive away. Ended up sleeping for the hour or more that we were there so much for family time but the ride was nice. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance