Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Definitely   @Former-Member  😊

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

On another positive note @Former-Member  my change in mindset and approach mentioned over the weekend is going better and easier than expected. I am feeling some of the warmth of compassion seeping back in instead of annoyance and resentment. (Early days yet but this is encouraging for me).

On the flip side I am defiantly more emotionally vulnerable as with that tenderness comes a greater desire for emotional connection. Something that is likely to never happen 🙁    

I just need to find a way to accept that and get past the perceived rejection. 

Been thinking especially of you and yours today @Determined 

Likewise here @Determined. Lots of love.

Thanks @Former-Member  @Smc 

Bit of a teary afternoon here.

There was a mothers day memorial service at the local cemetery that darling wanted to go to. It was much harder than expected. S2 particularly fell apart in a big way. 

Darling mentioned she wants to cry it out but feels emotionally dulled. (Most likely med related?). 

@Determined, it's hard being teary when everyone else is in celebration mode. I've stayed off FB today. There will be too many cheerily sentimental posts.

Not to the same extent, but I was a bit teary myself this morning. Older Daughter didn't manage getting to Church and lunch afterwards due to being tired... There was a prayer for mums "doing it hard" during the service, and that got me "leaky". Was trying not to be obvious, because I was on the music team today, so I was right out the front in full view of everyone. I added in my own silent prayer of hope that everyone had their eyes closed. And other stuff.

So how's S2 now?

S2 seems ok now @Smc  I think the good cry and scream at the world helped. 

I was most thankful that of all the people there no one looked at him with anything but compassion. 

@Determined  @Smc 

Living through grief ... living grief 

Sending extra tight hugs your way.

Argh!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Feeling soooo stressed at the moment .

After an ok day finished with a bang.

Likely going to be a bigger bang after I speak with the principle tomorrow.   🧨  

Seems S2 is unravelling more than I realised and I was already worried. Had a falling out and misunderstanding with someone he thought was a friend and the mother has escalated it at school despite us thinking we were dealing with it between us parents?! (She had contacted darling we thought it was being delt with. We defiantly were not ignoring her concerns). Now there is a witch hunt in progress.  Darling thought the mother was a friend and defiantly thought we were friends enough to work it out between us. 

Sorry just had to vent. Feel like screaming atm I am so stressed. 

Screenshot_20190513-211623_Samsung Internet.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance