Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Not surprised Bro, hope the decent sleep continues tonight @Determined 🌛

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hi  @Learning18 I support my wife who lives with bpd,

This is a thread where I talk about our journey, hoping it may be helpful for you.

Big + on the self care front today as I am off on a motorcycle adventure with my mum that will take most of the day. Have been looking forward to this for a while 😀

9 hours and just over 200km today 😊

Should have been 8 hours but took a wrong turn for senic detour. 

I was amazed at how much more aware of my surroundings I was riding the bike than in a car. Particularly all of the farm smells riding through the rural areas but also the scenery. 8 will need to make more effort on fluid intake in future though. 

It was quite relaxing though so a self care win I say. 

Ah, it's been too long since I've been on a bike. 🙂 I know what you mean about being more aware. It's good not being shut in a metal and glass box.
I'd imagine a convertable might give a similar-ish experience, but without the kinetic thing of moving with the bike.

@Smc I love the feeling of accelerating up a steep incline (sticking within posted speed limits of course) particularly the twisty bit I mentioned in the other thread. 

@Determined, around Melbourne, the Black Spur is the favoured uphill twisty ride. The first time Hubby (then boyfriend...) took me out there, it was a hard call as to whether I was enjoying the ride or the scenery more. One advantage of pillion is that you can tilt your head back to look at the tall trees stretching over the road.

black-spur_yvdr_r_1449772_1150x863.jpg

What beautiful scenery @Smc, thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

Just looked at some videos of that road @Smc. Lovely.  We are blessed with roads like that not far from where we live.   Mum and I were both getting excited by all the options as we rode along making notes for which way we could go next time. 

Bonus is when darling was listening to us discussing our ride she now seems a little interested in going for a ride with me when I am legal for pillion 😀 (12 months and Counting) it will be nice if she will one day come with me .

@Determined, that would be great. 🙂 Has she gone pillion before?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance