Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thank you @Former-Member  @Smc  for your encouragement.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Found out this morning that something that I told some one in confidence (in the hope of some gentle encouragement outside of immediate family) was repeated to darling. Not happy. Worse than  that. It was some one that I thought I could trust when things were bumpy. Back to trusting me myself and I now 😕

Oh I'm sorry that has happened @Determined ðŸ˜ž I hope the repercussions haven't been too big. In my experience & I pray this changes over time - its rare to find people who really comprehend the challenges of this shared journey. Big reason why I'm now part of this forum actually and going to regular counselling... Hang in there Determined, you're doing a truly tremendous service to your family & that shows you have a very special heart & soul.

@FindingStrength 

I'm sure the person responsible did not mean any harm. Just failed to understand the extent of skewed thinking involved (despite an understanding and compassion towards MI) or the impact it may have. 

Clearly not as understanding as I perceived. This is why it is eaiser to just shut up and not tell anyone anything. 😥 

And why these forums are so valuable. 😊

Checking in @Determined 

All quiet here @Former-Member 

Today is 12 month anniversary of loosing MIL 😥 

Sending gentle thoughts your way @Determined . 

Heart Thinking of you @Determined.

Lost another family member to cancer today 😥.  A cousin to my Dad but they were like siblings so another link with my dad lost.  His sister passed away 6 months ago (cancer). Next month it will be 15 years since we lost dad to cancer. 

Also have a close friend in icu after a heart attack. Prognosis was not good but hanging in there.

Not feeling very happy at the moment 😢

Sorry for the vent. Don't for a moment think that I am the only one having a rough time. 

Just needed to 😫

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance