Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for Flowerlove22

No not the forums @tyme     it's not like I really talk to anyone that's over there  

I'm avoiding people life     

I'm trash    but I still want to ask you about the questions from last night @tyme 

Sure thing. Please ask away @Sunnyside226 

@tyme  this may sound silly or stupid 

Where does BPD come from   like is it from childhood ?   

Why is it only in young adults?  

Is BPD like a many emails?  Sorry for my questions 

Also do you get very moody pants @tyme 

I believe BPD stems from childhood. Not necessarily traumatic childhoods, but more so that the young person hasn't developed the safe attachments as others would. So environmental factors plus biological factors can influence the development of BPD @Sunnyside226 

And yes, borderlines can be 'seen' as moody, but in actual fact, I believe it is that they struggle with emotional regulation. Hence they have 'flip' from one mood to another instantaneously.

@tyme  so it's like  an attachment?   

Do you get hurt easily?   Like if someone was to call you a name or do something to you would you get upset easily?  Is that part of BPD?  

Also I'm not trying to upset anyone or anything  I'm trying to understand if I say anything please let me know or email me  

Because of early attachment struggles, many borderlines develop unhelpful coping strategies such as self-harm, rage etc. When this happens, it shows they are hurting real bad inside.

Part of talking therapy is for them to 'unlearn' these unhelpful coping strategies and learn more helpful strategiess. Hence it can take a long time. @Sunnyside226 

It doesn't mean they are bad people, nor are they manipulative or attention-seekers. They are hurtful so much inside, and the fear of rejection is so real

I'm sorry @tyme if I asked too many questions   

Think I've done enough upset on here tonight I'll go   Sunnydark is out goodbye 

Do you think you have upset me? If so, you can ask. 

Because if you ask me, I can tell you that I'm not upset. I like talking about it because it helps to reduce the stigma of BPD. @Sunnyside226 

But if you have to go, that's okay.

No I don't think I've upset you @tyme 

It's other members on here that gets upset easily if I say anything  I'm trying to have honest conversations about things  like BPD  self harming but I'm worried that others are going to get cranky again  that's what I'm scared of @tyme  I know your the boss I can ask you anything but I don't want people to get upset about me saying something that's only going create drama which I don't want    that's why I panicked 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance