Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Walked into town today to pick up a couple of groceries. Glad I went as I bumped into a person walking her dog that I had previously met, she tells me she is in need of a friend. 

How are things going with you @Determined ?

Haha slow @Former-Member 

Joined a 10000 step challenge via my workplace at the start of the month. So far avg is 4k steps per day lol.

Exercise on a roll this week. Happy with my progress. 

Exercise continues to go well. Hoping I can keep it up. Have found a form of healthy motivation in unofficial competition through an online step challenge/ fitness app. Grouped with people in my age weight and fitness level. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Persisting with taking the Missy Moo out as she really does need & enjoy the exercise. Sometimes our walks are very short, but today she did well and went the distance 😀.

Other than walking to work my exercise has taken a pause due to feeling flat and unmotivated. Am pleased that I have been able to at least walk to work and uni though. A bit hard when in classes but when working I am trying to do a lap of the building including up and down stairs atbleast every hour to keep moving. Have a new activity tracking watch that has a move reminder inbuilt. 

Exercise continues to go well.

Slightly under my weekly target but happy with my progress. While under what I would like I think what I am doing is sustainable. And  it is getting physically easier.  Motivation is my biggest issue at the moment. Once I have been out and completed the required activity I usually feel better for it. 

Daily activity average for last 2 months is over double daily average for year to date. Happy with that improvement 😁

Getting a walk into town most days independent of Missy Moo (her walk was approximately a 100 m round trip). 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance