Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self Care for overall Wellbeing.Being responsible for our own health.

Hey Denv12,

Sounds like you've come a huge way because of your insight, determination and hard work. I really appreciate the will you had in standing up to face the mongrel (as you've described in another post). You've learned a lot through your journey. It seems like you tried many things, some of these things didn't work, yet you persisted and found out what does work for you. That takes a lot of strength to not give up.  I'm sure that it can inspire many other members on the forum. Smiley Happy

CB

Re: Self Care for overall Wellbeing.Being responsible for our own health.

Thanks CB.

Its been a hard road but I got there.You learn what works and what doesnt.What works for me is anything to with pressure points does work for everyone else no matter how ill or how healthy anyone is.We all benefit because pressure points are part of the human body.I challange anyone to try it for themselves.

I found my stubborness was one of my biggest strengths.Determination to fight the mongrel.Then I never lost sight of the real me.Now matter how badly OCD affected me and therefore changed the way I looked I could still the real me in the mirror.Oddly enough when you know something works and you become the proof it feeds your determination,strength and even your ego.

I hope people can see something that they can do for themselves.I'll help they can ask anytime.

Re: Self Care for overall Wellbeing.Being responsible for out own health.

What interesting reading, thank you! Having worked in orthodox medicine for years....I was a nurse working in ICU and my mantra was/ is drugs are good, and yes they are, but as with all things orthodox medicine is simply the sum of human learning and there is always more. Kinesiology sounds a bit airy- fairy but I shall read more about it. The dietary advice is interesting as I have tons of food issues,comfort eating and overeating as some bizarre way to punish myself.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance