Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

My day

Last night I didn't sleep at all but I did an hour of meditation* and I had a calm sleepless night, which to me is better than having a sleepless night filled with anguish and anxiety. I woke up this morning in a state of anxiety and it is still there. I want to make a tuna and mushroom pasta bake but my kitchen is a mess and I'm not feeling very inspired.

I think I feel upset as well. I'm definitely not in a good space. 

And now a huge wave of depression has washed over me.

I will watch a mountain biking video and see if it inspires me.

https://youtu.be/YQoOwl4zfgI

*Not in one go. 

24 REPLIES 24
Arizona
Senior Contributor

Re: My day

That was awesome! I had a smile on my face the whole time. Okay, I'm ready to make dinner.

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I did it! I made a tuna and mushroom pasta bake! Yay me!

Well done @Arizona it sounds delicious 😋

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Thank you @Anastasia 😊

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I put a treatment in my hair.

I had a shower.

I cleaned my teeth.

I cleaned my Pug's nose roll.

I drank 4 glasses of water and 3 cups of tea.

I took my vitamins and my antidepressants.

I'm going to do a 10 minute breathing exercise and then I'm going to do a 10 minute semi guided meditation. And then I'm going to watch one of Ediya's videos, which includes a meditation.

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I only slept for 2 hours and I'm tired. My anxiety is mild though. I'm going to continue with the breathing exercises. I think they are helping. I'm in bed drinking a cup of tea. I'm not sure what to do now. 

Thinking of you @Arizona I hope today's going ok

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Thank you @frog 😊

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I'm not in a good space and I'm just going to wait until night time. I usually feel better at night time. I'm listening to a rain sounds video and drinking a cup of tea. 

https://youtu.be/rkmPPkklHO4

I have a plan to make tuna, corn and potato patties tomorrow with wholemeal rye breadcrumbs. 

I'm eating a lot of tuna lately because I'm sick of throwing out chicken or beef that I have defrosted and not used. I take it out of the freezer and defrost it but then I'm too depressed to cook and it goes off and I have to throw it away. Meat is so expensive. It's like throwing money in the bin.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance