Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Knitting

I wish people knew that when I start knitting like it's essential to breathing, it's because it kinda is.  I'm going to be ok.   

*knits*

434 REPLIES 434

Re: Knitting

@Gwynn  I'm glad you have knitting to help sustain you. 

I'm glad you're going to be OK. 

Eve7
Community Guide

Im with you on this one @Gwynn 

@Gwynn 

Smiley Happy

I dont knit anymore, but I remember how I learned and I loved the girls at the orphanage who taught me.  It was definitely a thing.  I knitted a bit, sewed a bit and did tapestries.  We have some crafty threads if you are interested, but I think there is a deep drive for the physically active and productive side of us.  I hope anyone who benefits or lives with you respects your knitting.

Smiley Happy

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Thanks to all who supported me and to @NatureLover, @Eve7 and @Appleblossom for replying. ~20 cm of knitting later, I'm feeling better now. Got some of the stuff off my chest to my family that was worrying me and they got it. 🙂

Just gotta get on with uni now. 😛

@Gwynn wrote:
 ~20 cm of knitting later, I'm feeling better now. Got some of the stuff off my chest to my family that was worrying me and they got it. 🙂

Am pleased to hear, and that you're feeling better, @Gwynn  🙂

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

29c1ccf6277a226dfa2ee4f068408426.jpg

Having a bit of a day today.  Knitting helps.

Hi @Gwynn . Thank you very much for starting this new thread. It really means a lot to me as I also find that knitting helps me with my mental health issues in terms of calming me down and relaxing me. It also brings back happy memories of my Mum teaching me to knit (she's no longer around) and her spending lots of hours knitting jumpers for my twin and I as well as herself from wool purchased at Bendigo Woollen Mills here in Victoria. 

What things do you like knitting? Do you have a favourite thing that you like to knit? What stitches do you like? Do you have a favourite type of yarn you like to knit with? sorry for all of my questions. I'm just very interested in knitting, that's all!
I will admit that I'm a little addicted to knitting in that I always make sure that I take a knitting project in the car with me and a set of 4mm and 4.5mm knitting needles as well as several balls of yarn in case my car ever breaks down! I'm also known to take my knitting, such as something simple like a strip blanket, out to shopping centres and sitting down to do some knitting whenever my sister or housemate take forever to do their shopping. Not that I've been doing that very much this year due to being in Melbourne and current restrictions due to coronavirus. Believe me when I say that knitting in shopping centres is fun as it tends to start a conversation or 2 with people such as young children and elderly people who have either never seen a person knit or for the older people, tales of what they knit or used to knit or they know of others who do knit. It's very enjoyable for me as I get to learn and listen and speak about one of my favourite hobbies.

I look forward to following this wonderful thread and what discussions happen. Keep it up! 🧶

Judi9877

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Gwynn Knitting is a type of meditation exercise. Im glad you find it so helpful.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance