Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Knitting

Hi @BlueBay 

Thanks for the notification about the blanket. I plan on sewing them up possibly using mattress stitch although I'm not too sure right now. I'm taking time away from my blanket to knit a beanie as I was stressed on Sunday afternoon - I'm in the process of moving from my old rental property - see Good morning thread for more info which I've tagged you in- and I find that knitting a beanie is calming and relaxing for me since I know the pattern off by heart and as long as I have 4.5mn needles, a counter and some yarn, I'm happy! I'll post it when I'm done. I'll get to my blanket shortly.

Have a great day😎

Judi9877🧶💐

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

I started on a third scarf the other day, still in that mistake rib pattern I fell in love with. This one is teal and in a different kind of wool (not superwash). Two inches down, many more to go.My-doctor-suggested-a-high-fiber-diet-so-I-went-yarn-shopping-min.jpg

Hi @Gwynn  and others! Well done on starting another scarf! I'm so happy and proud of you 👍! Obviously you have decided to take up knitting a bit more so that's great. It's nice when you have a trustworthy pattern that you can rely on to knit that makes you happy. That's often the same for me with beanies. I know the pattern backwards so as long as I have some yarn, a pair of 4.5mm knitting needles and a counter, I'm set and it often calms me down yet makes me feel happy at the same time. Feel free to post a picture if you like. I'd be very interested to see it.

My wellness blanket is on hold at the moment since I've lost it in amongst the move to my new rental property- I'm between properties at the moment awaiting to move my stuff to the new property- so I've picked up an old project of a strip blanket that I was knitting for charity and have decided to continue with that for the time being. I completed 1 strip tonight of 150cm with 40 stitches on 4mm needles and have just started the 2nd strip with 6 strips needed in total before sewing them up. It's a mix of different coloured 8 ply acrylic yarn in different lengths all totalling up to 150cm in length I change when I get bored of the yarn I'm currently knitting. It's fun yet simple to do so I often pick it up when I'm watching TV or have free time. I plan on taking my Wellness Blanket to PARCS when I get admitted shortly as my mental health isn't the best at the moment and it will give me something to do there. I just have to find it first! 

Keep knitting and having fun! Take care!

Judi9877🧶😎💐

Hi @Gwynn @BlueBay @Former-Member @Daisydreamer @utopia and all knitters here. I hope you are having an enjoyable and relaxing time knitting, whatever you are creating. Below is the latest update on my Wellness Blanket- square 16- of the final pattern of the design of 4 different patterns. This is just a simple knit and purl pattern but it's quite pretty and I enjoyed it. I hope you like it too!0C4D031F-135C-4AA8-AED0-D9D1344AB4CF.jpeg

The square is actually upside down- sorry! 

Anyway, have fun and keep on knitting!

Judi9877😎🧶💐

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Oh, that's pretty! 😄 Are there any more stitches besides knit and purl?
roses
Senior Contributor

Aaah knitting has been a wonderful friend to me in the past. Being around my in-laws used to be massively stressful and so I used to knit. It made it possible to get through being around them. Also there would be other stressful times so I would knit.I'm glad to hear someone else knitting. Go well, roses 🌹 

roses
Senior Contributor

Hi Judi, it’s good to hear about other knitters. At the moment I am crocheting a granny square rug for my daughter. I am struggling with motivation at the moment to pick it up and work on it.
roses 🌹

Hi @Gwynn
I’m sorry but the pattern on the Spotlight webpage under Projects titled Stallion 8ply Patchwork Blanket is only 4 different squares using knit and purl stitches. I do know that there are lots of books and internet resources on different knitting patterns including cables that you might be able to track down and look at. I do remember buying a book called Knitting for Dummies years ago that had so many different knitting patterns from basic to advanced that you might like to try and find to look at for different stitch patterns.
Have fun!
Judi9877

Hi @roses
I’m so glad you like knitting and find it relaxing. I do as well and it often tends to be a great help to me, especially when my mental health gets bad. It’s sort of like a very reliable best friend to me, always there and so easy to pick up.
I also crochet and like doing granny square blankets as well. I’ve got several of them on the go, including a purple shades one for my best friend.

Have fun and take care!
Judi9877
roses
Senior Contributor

Hi Judi, haha! I'm crocheting a purple rug too. My daughter asked me to crochet her a rug. It's taking me a while, as when I'm feeling down I don't feel like doing anything, but I've told myself just to keep going and don't give up and I will finish it. I'm about half way with it. roses 🌹 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance