Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

I half replied to this last night but went lights out-ish @Teej. Hugs for the spinny head. Tricky to be in the in-between space as it sounds you might be at the moment ❤

Good morning @Maggie and may this
Sunday be a pleasant one for you.
Bimby2.

Thankyou @Bimby2 . I hope today is good to you. 💙💙💙

Thank you too @Maggie and may this be a good day for you. Best wishes
Binby2.

Just checking in with a couple @Teej and @TheVorticon. I haven't read far and haven't caught where you're at but am thinking of you (and many others), interested in hearing how you've been and how you're going if you feel like sharing.

Hi to all 👋. I’ve just been really quiet taking one day at a time @CheerBear . There has been lots going on including my house for sale being in a fire zone. So far so good but it’s added anxiety. 

Christmas was a day, with some hard parts thrown in but survivable. 

Im surviving the heatwave but so many days over 40 are not much fun. We hit 46 last week again. 43 yesterday. I sit under my aircontioner every day and have many grateful thought that this summer I can be cool when needed. My tall shady tree that I planted over two summers ago have trunks the diameter of my finger still and are only 6ft tall .......but they have green leaves and will grow one day. Then they will be helpful in summer. :face_with_rolling_eyes:. 

I started a course externally through one of the Unis and lasted one week before withdrawing. It was crazy trying to do it with so much going on. I’ve had lots of cuddles and babysitting my niece. She is a dag. I don’t think they’ll be able to stop her talking and she’s not 3 months yet. Absolutely delightfully expressive chatterbox.......who doesn’t sleep......many memories of my eldest. 

Everyone has gone away now and im truly on my own for the next week. I was a bit apprehensive but am finding that I have needed it so much. My stress levels have dropped so much over the past 24 hours. 

Im in a strange headspace @CheerBear . I don’t quite know what direction to turn with everything. I’d always imagined I’d get to this point and feel relieved that I could leave the planet. Now I’m not sure what I want my life to look or be like in a realistic sense. I’m in my head abit with this. 

@Sans911 ive read a few of your posts. I think it gave me a better grasp of the surgery I’m up for. I know mine is not as invasive as yours, although there is much to remove but I’ve questioned if/why should I do it.  It’s not just on the back of your difficult healing process. I guess it’s made me question lots of things about surgeries and their implications. I hope it’s a little better today. 

@Maggie You’ve been in my thoughts lots as well. I hope this finds you doing ok. I’ve been wanting to pic some brains about a craft project too. Maybe in the next day or two. 

👋😘 @Faith-and-Hope I hope your world is ok. 

Hi to @TheVorticon Hoping things are ok your way

@outlander  I haven’t caught up much but hoping things are a little less stressful for you too. 

@Appleblossom for you2A402AF4-1899-4C56-8047-3E3887C74388.gif

F4953D46-4C5C-4974-ADC3-9D164C1D2F33.gif

20585714-3DC0-4560-A442-B8CEC34C0486.jpeg

PS @CheerBear .....I need you to draw me a picture about your current avatar. I’m not quite sure of the meaning or what it is. Would love to know......cos you know I’m 👃 y

Wow @Teej  so much going on with you. Heat, fire zone, house for sale, surgery coming up.

Your niece sounds delightful. I can imagine a  little chatterbox entertaining you.

Craft project @Teej. Looking forward to what it is you are interested in doing.

Thanks for the tag. Take care where you can. 😘😘

Love the blooming ... and the wave ...

Thank you

@Teej 

Smiley Happy

Not got 76 trombones, but got one cat, and thats fine. lol

Smiley Happy

Really lovely to hear you enjoying your niece.  Babyhood is so special.

I am sad my grandson's mother and family are very controlling and def do not "share", but it was essential my son got space as they can be too inward looking, isolated and suffocating.  The mother was not happy with all their privilege. I have to resign myself, but allow myself to enjoy other littlies when it is possible and I am in the mood. nI reassure myself that it adds to their sense of social security when random good things happen.

Take Care with all the heat, fires and sale of house pressures.

Smiley Happy

Nice to hear from you @Teej. It's been a while. Your post to @CheerBear is exactly where my brain is at with my thoughts.

I'm sorry if I've impacted your thoughts about surgery in a negative way. Everyone's journey of surgery is different. My gall bladder surgery was a doddle compared to this. And I made a joke to my pyschologist that if I wanted to end my life all I had to do was NOT have this surgery and wait for the one iniventable to happen. Unfortunately I'm having further wound healing issues which I know and doctors tell it's superficial and nothing to worry about. Buts it's not superficial to me, and I do worry. And there's another 2-3 more months before the wound closes on top of 4months already. I'm at a coastal town in my state right now and I can't even take a proper swim!!

You have had a lot on. Time to take care of yourself 💕 💕 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance