Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Hi @Teej  nice to see you and thanks for checking in.  I'd noticed you weren't around much and have been thinking of you.  So much on your plate right now.  Hang in there.  Hoping you go alright having the house done in time.  I didn't know you are post-op from something and hope your recovery gets better for you.  Take care lovely xx

Hi @Shaz51. I thought I had replied to your post last night but must have forgotten to push post, I'm sorry.

Really big hugs to you Shaz, for all that you have going on. That numb feeling is really hard. Do you have people in your offline life you can talk about this stuff with and who support you while you support others?

Sending you ❤

Just checking in after being awol for a bit. I’m afraid I haven’t really read much on the forum over the past week to know how everyone is going. I have lots on still and will have big stresses for me for a few more weeks. The good news is that the new meds seem to be helping me. My mood has lifted from last week and I’m just trying to put one foot infront of the other, some days it’s better than others. 

My past is hitting me constantly in the face frequently and causing lots of messy brain and mixed emotions ......and value dilemmas @CheerBear 🤯. I think i need it (property to be sold) to be over soon to move on and have a new beginning as he is moving interstate. 

💜🤗

It's nice to see you @Teej 🙂 Have been thinking of you wondering how you're going.

👍 for meds that seem to be helping.

What you're going through with the property is really big and would be a huge cause of past coming up. Wondering how you're feeling about him moving interstate. That sounds big too.

A fresh start and the end of this stress will be great for you.

Big 💙

I’m looking forward to him moving interstate @CheerBear . I need to break all those connections for my own mh. I don’t sleep the night before I see him and then become overwhelmed with the past and mixed emotions when I do, which I’ve had to do twice this week already. 

How are you? What has been happening for you? 

I can imagine how mixed up it might be to have to see him as you've been doing @Teej. It would pull you in heaps of ways. Can definitely see the appeal in having him far away with those connections broken. Is it a few weeks until that should all be sorted and happening?

Lots happening as usual here @Teej. Sibling here, taking on the real estate, NDIS review, last treatment for unwell person coming up, kids getting end of year feral... that kind of stuff. I'm tired (also as usual 😉).

Has sibling been a good thing @CheerBear ? I’m hoping yes and that you have that extra pair of hands when you need them. 

Argggh to taking on that bureaucratic nightmare. I saw my friend today who is going to be forced onto ndis. It is so wrong in every way. The system as it was was so helpful to here but apparently by 2020 all those supports will have to be transferred to the ndis with all new workers.....🤬makes my blood boil. 

🤯 for the feral end of year stuff with kids. It’s always kind of good but crazy too. 

The last treatment. Does that mean it hasn’t worked and there will be no more treatments? 

Will your break place/s and stays be something taken over by the NDIS @Teej? It's going to take a while for it to sort itself out I think. There's a big gap for me in not having a MH worker funded. Everything crossed for my new plan 🤞

Sibling is so good in so many ways. My inside is struggling to sit with some selfish feelings about it all though, and maybe some scared ones. I've been doing things my way on my own for so long now that I'm not sure how to do it any other way. I am worried that if I get used to having another adult around I won't know how to do it on my own anymore. And then there's the part that's worried about when it gets ugly and messy in my head and how to keep it together with another person around. But, that's all small compared to the big good.

No more from next week except managing symptoms. Lucky to have made it this far really.

I'm going to head off @Teej. I have a new med to try (and I'm badly excited about it as I need good sleep).

Often thinking of you but not wanting to be a pest. I hope it eases up soon, once the house stuff is over. Always good to see you ❤

Sending love and strength to you @Teej .  Hopefully this time of transition will pass soon and things will settle down for you.  So many bridges to cross in the meanwhile.  I am and will be thinking of you often and sending warm wishes and hope your way.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance