Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

@TheVorticon  I’ve been thinking of you also. 🎮🎮🎮

Hi @Kurra 🙂

How are you? 

Hi @BlueBells 🙂

How are you?

Hi @oceangirl

I'm okay thanks. Had a lesson in patience Wednesday, (I only needed to be patient another hour or so) but I learnt.

Following day I lost my wallet (did get it back intact) but all the mucking around , I really applied that learnt patience.

Fibro fog was really kicking, but I survived. Very proud of me. Rare for me to say that 🙂

Glad you are you ok @BlueBells 

Have you ever tried anti-depressants? 

How was your day? 

Oh @oceangirl !!! About three times in my life, and nope, not going near them.

They are excellent when dealing with imbalances, but this is not an imbalance, so makes one so incredibly worse !

Thank you for your thoughts, very kind of you.

Best way I can describe fibro fog.....like being super tired, dropping off to sleep, then woken an hour later and expected to be bright eyed and bushy tailed. Ain't gonna happen!!!

Wednesday. I was one of hundreds standing for up to four hours in open car parks due to train delay.

Next day, wallet, I had limited time to get to appt, and I somehow got there, late, but I admitted my fibro and asked for help. Very big thing for me to ask for help. Directions yes, but help when my memory was like half a minute retention...

The "just another ten minutes" from the previous day helped me get through the day.

Taking a few days to recover, but that's okay. I'm used to that 🙂

@BlueBells 

I hear you. 

I just remember someone recommending ad to me. And I thought it might have been you? 

I have been trying to remember. 

Hope tomorrow is better for you.

I'm struggling with my memory atm

It gets me down. I just feel really tired. 

Hi everyone,

I’m slowly investigating the different forums and come across this one today.

Tired … so tired all the time.  Doesn’t matter what time I go to bed I’m constantly waking through the night.  Current antidepressants not making a difference.  Local dr wants me to discuss with psychologist if she thinks me also seeing psychiatrist might help.

tired, getting grumpy at my cats and people close to me, going into tears all the time.  Some one who says we are friends recently constantly telling me about 6 friends who are important to here and cancelling plans with me to spend time with one of these 6.  I was already struggling with SI thoughts and I got angry and said things I regret.  I’ve offered apology …. 1 week later and no reply.  

wish the things I see and hear in my head as part of unwanted flashbacks from decades ago would stop.

Hi @oceangirl.

Not sure what you mean by "ad", so not sure if it was me.

I'm getting benefits from the standing for four hours (along with a good cold, but hey, standing in the open is going to do that ).

I misplaced something this morning, and I did not get angry, not flustered, nor depressed. Frustrated, yes, but calm. I eventually remembered where I'd stashed it before I went away. 🙂

Trying so hard to learn from things, to see the good in unexpected happenings. Not easy generally, but getting there 😉

I understand memory loss, at least with fibro it comes and goes, I have good days.

What memory issues are you having?

G'day @Patches59

I hear you, I get a lot of that sort of thing, not all, but a lot. Tired, grumpy, tears...

Not the friends bit, I don't really have many anyway.

I think most of us get angry and snap at people. If they can't see and accept that you are struggling, maybe the friendship is a bit shallow anyway. Not your fault the way they choose to behave, remember that. They choose their behaviour.

Hi @Patches59 

Given that you're feeling so down it might be worth taking your doctor's advice and seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist to see what's happening. Maybe your medication needs tweaking or you need someone to help you with your emotions. Either way, I'm sorry you're feeling so low. It's a horrid state to be in. I hope something works for you soon. 

Take care

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance