Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

@Teej I admit to feeling a little jealous that you got to see your cyst and your insides like that! So interesting 😁 That stuff fascinates me. I almost asked for a mirror or photos at my appointment the other day (but the pain got in the way) 😆

Hope today is one of the better ones for you. Always interested in hearing what's going on and how your day is going if you'd like to share, but no pressure 🙂💜

@CheerBear thanks, I guess I'm going OK. Thinking of seeing a different psych though because of how much of a mess it's been, which is tough. It's constantly on my mind and pretty sucky cause I really want to make things work with my current one.

I was sorry to read about how difficult things have been for you lately although impressed that you're going to your gig thing today. Best of luck for it.

Hello and hugs @TheVorticon , @CheerBear , @Former-Member , @Teej , @Maggie  xxxxx

Hi @TheVorticon. Sorry to do a drop and run yesterday. I thought I'd have a chance to reply but didn't.

Thinking about seeing another psych is really big and would play on my mind a lot. This might be a bit of a strange one but would you consider seeing a different psych or counsellor to talk about the relationship you have (or don't have) with your current psych (I realise the bananas of seeking support to seek support but it's something I've done before :face_with_rolling_eyes:)?

Did you end up speaking with psych about the things you were writing out?

Thanks for your thoughts ⬆️ Better day here for me yesterday 🙂

Hi and thanks and hugs back @Shaz51

Hey @CheerBear, no worries I figured you must've been busy yesterday. I was glad to read that it all went pretty well 🙂

I haven't spoken to my psych about the stuff I was writing yet (this is what happens with an overthinking-brain and sessions 3 weeks apart). As I was writing it, I was undecided on how to structure it, then wondered how I could structure it in the way that would make most sense to my psych so that it would be most useful to me (and started thinking I should ask him how to structure it for him), then started trying to determine what I precisely wanted out of telling him, which got me thinking that maybe he just can't give me what I want... even if I wrote the most brilliant description in the best possible way.

Yeah I've considered the possibility of having a combo psych/counsellor thing for a period of time. Not sure if my psych would be keen but it might be the only way for me to get some emotional distance from the mess to be able to evaluate whether my psych is actually helping or not. (Which really means "thinking about never seeing him again is way too upsetting at the moment so I at least have to pretend that bringing up the topic doesn't mean that has to happen"...! Robot Frustrated)

Edit: Also I started looking online for new counsellors/psychs, but thinking about actually talking to any of them made my skin crawl. 

I wanted to update about what happened with my psych. It was really difficult but went OK.

We discussed whether he could help with the problem, after I re-explained the problem in better detail, and for the first time it actually seemed like he got it and was able/willing to help with it. Even though it was more emotional than practical and I don't normally see him like that.

So I'm not going to see anyone else at this stage and just see how it goes. Which is a relief because the more I thought about it, the less I wanted to, especially not when it could have meant 'giving up' on resolving the history with current psych. 

Glad you were heard and have a direction to go in now @TheVorticon Well done in voicing your position and stating what you need 👍

Thanks @Zoe7 🙂 I'm just glad it paid off.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Teej & @CheerBear, I had a cyst and had my first surgery from it in November 2018 so I know what it's like, I'm sorry to hear about that though (I'm new to the forums and this thread, my apologies for intruding).

Hello to everyone else too. @TheVorticon @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance