Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Hi to all 👋🏻

yep @eth  it’s been so busy and so many new hurdles and head messes but the last week I have been a bit more stable again. I’m finding I’ve not got much brain left at the end of the day. Thank you for your well wishes. I send them back to you. 💜🤗

@CheerBear I was passing the break place today and was lucky enough to catch the coordinator.  I found out that I may be able to go again. It’s too chaotic to go now but might see what’s on offer later. I know I’ll need to reset and find a new direction when this is all over. 

Things are pretty stressful in every way currently. I’m experiencing financial stress in a hard to deal with 'stick my head in the sand' way. At home it’s also been a stressful time with kidults. More injuries, uni exams and constant chaos with property renovations of the house to be sold. I’m doing lots of organising now. I’m hoping that it’s just two more weeks. It feels like months since I started saying just a couple more weeks. I do know that there will be an end at some point 🤯.

hugs to all reading. 

Hugs @Teej. A break place sounds like a great thing to have up your sleeve for when you can. You've had a lot on for a while and it would take a toll. Go you keeping on keeping on through it 💚

@CheerBear  I’m thinking the change of avatar might be a symbolic one and wondering if there is a first anniversary sometime soon. No need to respond. Just know I’m thinking of you and all the chaos and stress you are going through too. Also here to listen if you want to talk. 

💜🤗

That's exactly what it is @Teej. Thank you for noticing/working it out. Just feels but OK ones. No regrets at all.

Big thanks x

It’s an amazing thing to be able to feel the feels but be ok with your choice @CheerBear . I hope they pass soon.  💜🤗🤞🏼

It's a funny one @Teej. There's a bit of wondering what life would have been like now, a bit of missing what the other person and I had for a while, and a bit of loss I guess. But I am proud that I made the very hard choice, that I bounced back, that I have grown because of this and am now even more passionate about certain things (choice and respect etc), and that I stood up and walked away from him when it was no longer OK for me. I put myself first and am OK with that. You and others here were a big part of me making my way through that time.

I think it helps me to look back on things like this and know that everything does change and we can grow from things that feel almost impossible and that push us to our absolute limits. You've been pushed this year hugely and you're still being pushed by the sounds of it. There will be an end to this time for you and maybe one day you will look back and feel proud and strong, in a mixed feely way too ❤

You know as I was reading your post @CheerBear I was also thinking about a year passing and all the things that have happened/changed/evolved. I think it’s been a big year of growth for both of us just a very windy, curly one. 

For me the end of year is bringing up lots of things around my diagnosis. I am not settled with meds and am still connecting dots. I think last year I thought I understood my mh better.  This time last year life was very different for us all. 

Im heading to bed. Nearly crossed over this morning as I got to sleep at 6:45 am. 😬. I’m also in the process of letting go of some of my security blanket meds. It will take some time. 

Heart@Teej  and @CheerBear   hope today is starting gently and has some highlights in it for you both.  Warmest wishes for what each of you is dealing with at the moment.

Just checking in @Teej wondering how it's all going. Not wanting to be a pest but sending thoughts ❤

Checking in with you also @TheVorticon hoping you've enjoyed some game time this weekend. Keen on hearing your thoughts about it if you'd like to share 🦄

Howdy @TheVorticon 👋

@CheerBear  and all 

well my weekend and end of last week has been ok. Feeling a bit senile as I can’t remember what I’ve said much in the past. 

I’ve switched back to old adhd med as I was struggling with side affects. Psychiatrist appointment will be interesting this week. I’ve been in an angry headspace for the last week but feel less agitated today. Have no idea what my menstrual cycle is doing 🤦‍♀️😳. I have a feeling my world often revolves around it. Will be interesting when it finally finishes. (Nothing like a post tagging the vorticon in discussing this, although you should be used to it). 

I have to head to old house soon and keep procrastinating doing all the paper work I need to. 

Ive has a big few days in the garden getting prepared for 42 degrees on Wednesday here 🥵. 

@CheerBear  I read about a celebration of a big with achievement and actually had tears of pride well up in me for you. That is such a great outcome. I can only imagine how proud you are. This time last year was filled with much uncertainty but has obviously worked out well for you and them. 

Glad your tricky time with feely stuff has passed too. 💜

i wiil be on and off the forum in stints for the next week or two. I really suck at multitasking with the forum even more so right now (ok, ever since I started on the forum really!). It’s something I’d like to work on. 

I have a big heavy session coming up with psych on Wednesday that I know will bring up lots of things. I have those wanting to deal with it but knowing it will possibly send me in a spiral for a while. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance