Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Oops @eth  I’m so sorry you lost out. It is horrible that so many women walk away without very much at all, especially in dv relationship but also others. Thanks for the support. 

PS there are more parts of my mess that are in high rotation all at once. 

Have you flagged your therapist that you are struggling this much to chew through the book @Teej ?

It sounds like maybe you needed smaller spoonfuls and the digest / assimilate info / reassess / heal before taking the next one, maybe ......

Can you take a break from the book ?  Or read parts together with your therapist and discuss it and your reactions as you go ?

This one is with my psych @Faith-and-Hope  and no she doesn’t know. I see her Wednesday but had wanted to finish it by then. I know why she made me read it but I think she’ll be surprised by my reaction to it. 

Can you save finishing it till you have talked to her about it @Teej ?  It might be wise to get a seat belt on, andcome to slow stop at the end of the book ?

Maybe but I feel like a big sook and wuss for my over reactions @Faith-and-Hope . I can think logically about it now until I read it again and all logic goes out the window. Thanks for your support. 💜🤗😘

@Teej 👂 ❤❤

You’re talking to another “sook” and “wuss” @Teej ...., “sensitive empath” is another name for it ..... you’re allowed to be a sensitive soul ❣️

Hugs @Teej 

Hand Holds

Heart

You probably dont really need to finish it, If you have had this much reaction to it.  You probably have enough to discuss and work on anyway.  We cant apply too many changes at once to the whole way our personalities and being is structured.

I have often put things off like that for 6 months ... or when I am feeling up to it.

When things tip to SI ... I deal with it differently now.  At one stage I had constant SI for over a decade, getting it down to manageable levels has only been relatively recent.  For some reason I dont seem to need to Punish myself with Suicidal ideation thoughts any more ... tho ... always not cocky ... cos we really can be our own worst enemy.

The human personality and creature ... is adaptive ...to circumstances ... we grow in a particular shape because of what we experience.

this helped me.this helped me.sandart.jpg

@Teej Our reactions to different stimuli are often based on previous experiences and the effects they have on us - so however you are feeling and whatever you are thinking are not just ground in the past but also your very valid reactions to those memories. Whether you finish the book or not you have a lot you can already talk about. Not finishing the book probably says just as much to your therapist as finishing it does. If it is having that reaction from you then there is obviously already a lot you need to work through - occasionally it says more about us when we need to stop something as much as it does when we continue - so do what is right for you to look after yourself.

hey @Teej
Listening in my friend
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance