Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Ditching the Ciggers

well I'll feel better about it when body stops aching and get bills paid etc sorry to be be a mugwump @CheerBear 

IMG_6772.PNG

Cat HappyCat IndifferentCat MadCat SadCat SurprisedCat Tongue

Stay strong @TAB .  

You're not missing out on anything.  Actually you are (feeling like crap, lack of confidence and self respect, no money, etc, etc, etc)

Your body is continuously repairing itself and your mind is continuously getting more and more healthy and resilient.  I look forward to joining you in the smoke and nicotine free life. It's a good life!

hi @Zaphod  definitely agree re self confidence, that was a bit surprising, and the money.. I smoked like a chimney so app is up to nearly $2600 saved already re not smoking in 2019. No wonder I couldnt get ahead even with casual work.

Have read and found out a lot more since stopped. Not all effects are postive. But overall you are better off re giving up even if for veins and money.

Things I didnt know. Smoking affects blood sugar ..wt th

affects your brain lining ..wha a at..

affects how your brain works ..

ok plus they dont mention that you can get shortness of breath, ok difficulty breathing after stopping, when didnt have it before re me. lungs forgetting to breathe? guess was taking lots more breaths before even if full of smoke. 

Still coughing crap up, well if do lung exercises, 7 weeks after the fact. 

all info says I was coughing and out of breathe re being a smoker and would be coughing for ages after stopped. No. only started coughing the other week and its no big deal 

anyhoo thanks for your reply and Good Luck !!! .. also to 

@CheerBear @Former-Member @Former-Member @Zoe7  

Former-Member
Not applicable

am inhalinf might help you @TABRe: Ditching the Ciggers

Steam inhaling x2-3day might help you a lot @TAB So proud of you. Yes, better late than never. I liked being able to do stair cases again. You take care xox

Re: am inhalinf might help you @TABRe: Ditching the Ciggers

Thankyou @Former-Member  I do think of that, but I forget.  plus there's a list of food and vitamins etc for lungs. Will be running up stairs soon, may have to to up the ante a bit

Former-Member
Not applicable

DON'T LOSE YOUR COOL :)  LOLDON'T LOSE YOUR COOL 🙂 LOL

ha ha ha ..yeah @Former-Member  ..just looked, priceline has lots inhaler stuff, will just get fluid and use towel and bowl

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @TAB  glad you’re keeping strong. I’m back on the smokes. No real intention to stop again.

I still have urges, only been off the nicotine 30 of the 50 days @Former-Member  well at least you tried. I'm not trying to push anything ok touting for a pat on back maybe Cat Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance