Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

I said to my sister I needed something to do and would she be offended if I helped her do a bit of sorting and she told me to go for it.  We tidied her dining table, the kitchen bench is far to cluttered to use but I have put things into categories for her attention.  We moved a wall clock which entailed drilling an anchor point in a brick wall so feeling like we have made progress.

Yikes fellow declutterers, I can see a silver lining happening here ... collectively we could get a fair bit done.

Having things in the "right" spot = yay @Faith-and-Hope ,

Neglected corners attended to @Shaz51  = you beauty

Like me @Former-Member , I have a kitchen bench with lots of thing on it , trying to think of what and how to declutter it some some of my teapots on it and a large range of other things 

@Shaz51, @Former-Member, we've been living with what was meant to be a "temporary kitchen" for way longer than we thought. Plug in hotplates and mini oven... stuff like that. The single hotplate that gets most use is on a benchtop along with the toaster and electric jug, but the rest of the benchtop is loaded with stuff. Mostly partially used jars of jams and chutneys, plus a few vases and some general unsorted clutter.

So perhaps the best way of decluttering that would be to start with the jars, and combine similar ones, or use up the nearly empty ones in one recipe or another.

We've been trying to get to our "stay at home" point, but our multiple trips up to see my parents has delayed some of our "first must do..." tasks. Some of which were connected with caring. We'd done what we were hoping would be a "last trip to the biggish city" in Monday, but we delayed until late in the day so we could meet up with Younger Daughter to get some necessities for her... and we ran out of time. So back again a couple of days later to finish the list... but while getting some hardware we needed, we spotted a couple of garden sheds at half price, and we really do need some building supplies storage. (At present, we've got an unusable front porch due to storing stuff there. Not good, not particualrly safe either.) So we were back again the next day (yesterday) with the trailer to pick up said sheds. Today was earmarked for helping my sister out with a couple of yard ad house jobs that she couldn't do herself... hoping now that we've genuinely reached our "stay home" point. It's getting too risky going out and about, even if we do keep careful distance, keep hands clean etc.

Here hoping that sometime next week, the two sheds will be assembled and in situ, and we might have reclaimed our front porch space.

Silver linings are exactly what I've been looking for @Former-Member & needing.

I'll let you know when I see (find) some.

Adge

Have you got some shelving where you could display your teapots @Shaz51?

I tend to do a bit here and a bit there @Smc whilst Mr Darcy is very good at sticking to one area / job he wants to finish and will not stop until it's done.

images - 2020-03-28T094519.113.jpeg

90344739_2639337072947559_8924297740159025152_n.png

ha ha no more more on my display selves for anymore teapots @Former-Member Heart

Ha ha @Smc Smiley LOL

I put that picture on FB and my customers all had a good laugh 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance