Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

I have our front porch to clean up tomorrow/ Friday. Have been working in my motor bike so have a collection of tools that need to go back to the shed. And some assorted packaging that spare parts came in to sort and dump. 90% there with the packaging. A bit more of that in the living room and bedroom. Darling patiently (sort of) reminded me about after dinner. 

And of course the boat that is still sitting in the front yard needs to be relocated to its proper home.  I really am hopeless at putting things away and binning  rubbish particually packaging that may be useful for something ??? but never is. 

images - 2020-02-22T214049.811.jpeg

@Former-Member, and therein lies our dilemma..... how to stop the excess inflow, and deal with the outflow as "thoughtfully" as possible. Smiley Frustrated

A bit more "disposing" done at Mum and Dad's house. Sister and I managed to fill their recycling bin, largely with unwanted paperwork. That and their green waste bin full of leaves from our pre-Christmas cleanup got collected, but the rubbish bin wasn't scheduled for collection this week. Have partially refilled the recycling bin with unwanted magazines from Dad's shed. (Ones that weren't worth trying to pass on to anyone else.)

I've brought a couple more boxes of "keepers" back here, plus a box of gardening books that I'll offer to the town garden club members, and a box of bric a brac that I'll try to sell via a friend's antiquery.

Work I Iz On The Top Of It Funny Image

I managed to get the front of our house tidied up over the weekend with all of my tools.put away. Not without a lot of grumbling from darling.

No Thank You..  juat a jab about it taking so long. 

Still have an esky to return to my mum and a seat to go to the shed and a box of retired saucepans to go to an op shop. But it is all neat. 😊

(Well I believe it is anyway 🤣

Made an effort to properly pack away most of what came back from Mum and Dad's place. Not perfect, but better than I usually manage.

Some fancy serving dishes and vases have gone safely into a cupboard. To make space for them there, some jams and chutneys were relocated to the pantry.

I need to relocate some bookcases before I can properly put the latest few books away, but I did find space to neatly stack them until I can do that, so not a bad "second best" option. The books I'll be taking to the garden club are all together in one place until I can do so.

Also got some vacuuming and general tidying done in one of the neglected corners so that I could put a small cabinet there. I want to put some books in it that are old/antique enough that they should be protected from light and pests, but I found some evidence of borers or termites. Old, inactive damage I think, but I'm "treating" the timber with a light coat of eucalypus oil for a few days to make sure.

'Onya @Determined ,  it can feel quite the slog at times but don't it feel good to have the job done?

@Smc  better than you usually manage = yay 

Hello @Former-Member , @Smc , @Determined , @Adge , @ETBug , @Mrsjones , @Jay-e , @Boo13 , @Former-Member 

Well self isolating , no car, no computer , only my mobile phone

Done some bookwork

And have decluttered a corner which I have not done for a long time

Hi Everyone 👋💕

I have been self-isolating for the last two weeks, apart from a dash to the supermarket for last-minute supplies.  I have other stuff happening on the family level that is completely 🌵 ..... so I have starting sorting out the house around me.  

I have boxes and piles of stuff, along with dumped furniture that has turned my home into a complete mess, as our separation causes juggling of possessions and living spaces.  So where did I start ?  The laundry cupboard !!

I have a shoebox of a laundry, and what cupboard space there is in it had been junked with stuff that doesn't belong in it ..... so starting with the broom cupboard, it sorta dominoed into the other cupboards and drawers in that little space, then flowed into the kitchen (which adjoins).  I am finding space as I sort stuff out - most of it kept, but restructured in ways that utilise the space properly, and items are now located where they are used.

My wardrobe has been started too, but part of the process has been tipping everything out onto the floor first, so it's actually looking worse before it can get better.

I can't get my head back together around my studies - now from home - so at least this is keeping me busy and achieving something while I try to find my feet again.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance