Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

More room, cleaner carpers + fewer tripping hazards = 🙌🙌🙌 @Smc 

As house sale looking a little promising, am sorting my books more aggressively now and have packed some,  have a box full ready for donation.

Finished emptying out a chest of drawers and a cupboard today. Packed a small moving carton and three storage tubs. Binned some rubbish and added an old step stool to the 'take to the tip' pile.

Some old sporting equipment donated today.

Got some more sorting achieved in our shed today. 6 or more boxes sorted with a good portion relocated to the rubbish box on the trailer. Some things that are my mum's that are return to sender. Bro is talking some building materials and tools assorted tools. 

Mostly just moving things around at the moment but as they move more space is becoming available. 

At the end of our move the last few loads were not even sorted. Just piled into the shed. Have emptied some shelves and benches and arranged them and placed times more thoughtfuly making things more accessible. 

Added to the list of things I am considering selling are a commercial grade brushcutter (far bigger than what wr need now) and chainsaw. Still have 4 more chainsaws lol

2 that actually work. 1 is mine 1 is FILs and 2 big ones that work when they want to but were my dad's so reluctant to see them go). 

@Determined, our term for the unsorted packing that happens when the deadline is fast approaching is the "Stuff, Shove, Cram Stage". Gets it done, but is a pest to sort through later.

@Smc  a lot of the boxes I sorted today the contents could be best described as 'too hard worry about that later' packing lol

There were also (and most likely still are) a lot of 'horder' they items. My biggest challenge is/ had been  in packaging items. Packets papers and such.  (As an example were we were moving I unearthed a box that a casset player came in that I got as a present in 1986 or thereabouts. 

After our move and putting only what we absolutely needed in the house the lack of clutter that I never noticed before has changed my awareness and thinking. Hard to explain. Had to giggle today when darling asked if I could keep some items that I was going to unload. (I always like to check things of potential value before dispersing due to my past sensitivity in this regard) . 

wow busy @Determined , @Former-Member , @Smc 

mum clearing some of her stuff --ha ha I try too Smiley Very Happy

I have got such a buzz from having an uncluttered place too @Determined. Still a couple of bastions to conquer ...  a continuing work in process.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance