Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Christian faith and Mental Illness

@Former-Member  You havnt overwhelmed me, just a lot to take in, but its all good stuff and worth the time to get the most out of it. You can be helpful anytime! Youve bn a blessing! Thank you so much for including me in your prayers, i appreciate it so much. I will pray for u and Mr D also. And will keep tagging u in to this or other relevant convo's if u dont mind.

Thank you again for everything!

@Shaz51 

that is good news about yesterday @Doglover Heart

still here with you my friend, has been a very big week

will keep praying for you too

@Former-Member, thank you for the information , it was great , showed mr shaz which we have looked up each in the Bible and had a talk  Heart

we do have good talks from time to time

Wow @Former-Member indeed!

Hi @Shaz51 , i think i hav a more recent msg from u so will respond to that one. ☺

Thanks @Shaz51 , yes it was a huuuge relief and answer to prayer. Thank u for your encouragement, and for keeping me in prayer - a huge thank u for that!

Wonderful to hear about u n Mr Shaz having that special time together over the information that @Former-Member provided - which was quite something hey?! Im hoping to do the same with my hubby but he doesnt even know that im on this forum at this stage so not sure how id approach that one! Tell him about the forum, my friends and the support u hav all provided, and  go from thr i guess. I think i wld say the same about my hubby n i @Shaz51 , that we do hav some gd talks from time to time, or mayb thats too generous! Lol. Need to keep praying for our marriages and our hubbies. I will keep u and Mr Shaz in prayer also.

May God bless you and Mr Shaz as you walk this sometimes dark and difficult road together.

💜 Doglover

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Ali11 

Hello to my Christian forum friends.

I would like to ask for prayer for my beautiful dog. She is in a bad way with what i think is a recurrence of pancreatitis, which can b deadly if not attended to. The problem is we dont have the money to get her treated. And my husband is so stressed out with everything thats going on with me and other stuff hes talking about putting her down. I dont think he really means it but nonetheless its heartbreaking. Shes only 6 and other than this condition is in great health. Plz could u pray that everything wld work out with our baby, and for a softening of my husbands heart. At the moment hes just so angry and frustrated at everything, including me, including the dog.  Its just stress talking i realise that, but its pretty hard to handle when he says we might hav to put the dog down, and that hes at his wits end and just wants to take off. 

Really appreciate ur prayers.

Doglover

Gracious loving and heavenly father, I bring before you @Doglover 's dog.  We know that the life of every creature is in your hands and I pray that you will bring comfort to this little one of yours. I pray that she will find relief from her pain and she will not be afraid.

Lord I also pray especially for @Doglover 's husband; I pray that he will have the courage to seek help to understand her condition so that together they can face what the future holds.

This I pray, in Jesus name.

Job 12v7-10

Thank you so much @Former-Member  for that beautiful and heartfelt prayer. I cant thank u enough and am welled up with tears. Thank u also for the Scripture passage.

We hav taken our baby to the vet. They hav not kept her in on this occasion - we caught things a bit earlier this time. They hav treated her there at the vets and we hav treatment to giv her at home. She is not out of the woods yet. There are a number of signs we need to look for that show shes not doing well and we need to take her back. - 2 of which she has alrdy shown but my husband just went off at me when i expressed my concern. His stress levels are thru the roof with everything thats going on with me and not knowing how to handle it, our financial situation, his own health issues, and now the dog, i think the pressure cooker has blown and unfortunately i wear the brunt of it. I do understand that it is such a stressful time, but it is for me as well but i dont blow my stack like that. Anyway, sorry to hav a moan, i just want my baby to b ok and even more importantly, my marriage to b ok, which at the moment, it is struggling under the weight of all this pressure! I feel so alone.

Thank u again Darcy for praying for my dog and us, and for your support.

Doglover 💜

Hi @Shaz51 , i got a notification that u replied to my message on this thread but cant see your message anywhr! 😯

@Former-Member 

Hi @Doglover Smiley Happy

I, too, cannot see a recent reply from @Shaz51 on this thread. I know this is incredibly inconvenient, but perhaps you could re-post your reply @Shaz51?

Kindest Regards,

Amour_Et_Psyché

I can only see the one message from two days ago @Amour_Et_Psyché , @Doglover 

but that is ok

I praying for you and your husband and I hope your dog gets better

when I am upset my husband gets upset too @Doglover xx

hello @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance