Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

Plugging away steadily here @outlander  how about you?

good to hear @Darcy
feeling a little tired-but not the sleepy tired and worried about my ecg results as is showing an arrythmia but it sounds like my gp is downplaying it so im getting a second opinion on monday just for piece of mind

Have you got your list of concerns ready @outlander 

Sometimes even going back to your own GP and asking for a little more information can be helpful.

i have the report and my list ready to go @Darcy ive decided to seek a second opinion though as my gp i have now brushed off all my concerns and just said its your anxiety rather than listening to my concerns. its not so much a second opinion as asking what the other gp thinks and asking her my questions just for some clarity and someone who doesnt know me for my anxiety as well.

Hope you get the clarity you are after  @outlander

thank you @Darcy its quite hard sitting with the unknown stuff esp with the heart.

@outlander 

Do you feel a bit in limbo again?

Highlighted

yeah @Darcy im feeling abit like that. there seems to be quite abit happening or that needs to happen but i cant really do much right now. all has to be done in steps which is abit frustrating.

I find the concept of small steps frustrating @outlander  but the reality for me has been that it is his I have got things done around here. Steadily plugging away at things.

me too @Darcy im often told small steps from my side because of my mental health issues and it can be quite frustrating. sometimes i just want to take some big steps and see a difference in things rather than tiny things that take ages to be able to notice. i guess the more important thing is that there are steps no matter how small or big still being taken....

For urgent assistance, call: