Forums news and feedback
15-10-2019 11:50 AM - edited 21-10-2019 04:19 PM
The Dax Centre: Call for submissions from Vic based youth artists!
Edited: *APPLICATION SUBMISSION DATE EXTENDED - now open until 15 November! 😊
As some of you may know, in 2018 SANE Australia merged with The Dax Centre. The Dax Centre has a gallery and runs education programs that use art to raise awareness and reduce stigma towards mental health issues. Through their exhibitions and educational programs they engage, inform and encourage community connections and conversations about mental health.
We are excited to share on behalf of The Dax Centre a call for submissions from youth artists based in Victoria for an exhibition exploring the issues youth face surrounding mental health issues.
About the exhibition:
At The Dax Centre we believe the opportunity to exhibit work and be involved in public programs supporting their work has a real and ongoing impact for artists with lived experience. For this reason, the main objective for this exhibition is to provide an opportunity for four to six youth artists to present artwork that explores the issues surrounding mental health for our exhibition, which will run for approximately sixteen weeks from mid-February until end of May 2020 (exact dates TBC), and will be the centre point of our education program during this time.
- Artists must be no older than 30 at the time of art-making.
- Artists must be people who have lived experience of mental health issues or psychological trauma
- Artists must reside in Victoria
- Artists must have an understanding and willingness to share part of their lived experience journey and story behind the artwork to facilitate the development and provision of the Education and Public programs accompanying the exhibition. Please contact us if you’d like to discuss (link below includes contact details)
- Staff and family of staff members of The Dax Centre and Sane Australia are not eligible to apply.
Applications are open until 5pm, 15 November 2019.
For further details on this opportunity, including where and how to apply click here.
Please do not mention your forums name when applying. Please also do not mention details of your application or if you are linked to the exhibition in the forums. This is just to help protect yours and others anonymity in line with the forum guidelines.