Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Night Time Staff

Off topic but maybe worth mentioning - this thread isn't coming up on the "latest posts" feed (as far as I can tell but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me) so I'm not sure how many people will actually see it without being tagged in.

Also wonder if it is the same for all posts in this section of the forum or just in this thread 🤔

@Former-Member 

this thread isn't coming up on the "latest posts" feed ,  so I'm not sure how many people will actually see it without being tagged in.

Hey there @Shaz51  and @CheerBear  Thank you so much for letting us know, yes you are right, we have a bit of an ongoing glitch there with feedback threads appearing in latest discussions, so thank you so much for checking in and engaging Heart

@Shaz51 @CheerBear  @Appleblossom  @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope 

Thank you all so much for these incredible ideas, this is really good to know if we ever did get an opportunity to have some evening staff on, especially great to hear you thinking about new members. You're right sometimes having a moderator pop in, in a more humanistic and friendly way, can definitely help existing as well as newer community members in feeling more at home within the space. Thanks so much all, and if any more comes to mind please feel free to post 😄 

Hi all - unfortunately one of the drawbacks of when we made this board just 1 version that shows on both carers and LE (instead of having to post everything twice) was that it can’t show up in latest posts or threads 😞 we are looking at it...

Also - I just wanted to give you an updateon the night time staff idea that was raised here in this thread!

We have decided to go ahead with this and will be having a 4 month trial of having community engagement staff in the evenings!  

This will mean that you will see a new face around the forums a couple of times in the evenings and throughout the days on weekends. These Community Builders will be sure to come through to the Community Guide area to introduce themselves too! 

This should be happening in April sometime and will be something we trial for 4 months. 

thanks For helping us decide on this!

any comments welcome!

thanks for the update @s-jay Smiley Very Happy, will be good

@s-jay I think this is a wonderful idea. Like many others here I miss seeing moderators around in the evenings (or daytime) engaging more with the community. There seems to be a rather large 'gap' now between the different sides of the forum - members and mods/community managers so having Community Builders here in the evenings will alleviate that a bit.

As a side note - it has been sometime since nominations for Community Guides have been redone and in that time many of our present Community Guides have done some amazing work around the forum but some have also had to take a back seat. This puts added pressure on those few that are around more often. Cognizant that this work is falling to only a few and that those members also have their own 'issues' to deal with as well.

Hey there @Zoe7  definitely hearing you our guides have been doing some incredible work, especially a key few and we certainly are so grateful to all of them.

On this note, we are having discussions around the Community Guide program at the moment and most definitely understand where you're coming from. You'll see some positive opportunities crop up soon in this area. Watch this space 🙂 Heart 

Hi @nashy @s-jay  I was just referred to this thread by @Eucalypt .  I really feel it needs to be made more visible somehow.  It's quite important information for everyone, especially since all those with day jobs are mostly here evenings and weekends.

Keen to see Community Guide opportunities soon.  Hoping they too will be more  visible to more folk on the forums.  I was asked some time ago if I was interested but had too much on my plate at that time.  I am interested now if I am an appropriate candidate.

Hey there @eth  thank you so much and I do agree, it does need to be more visible. Unfortunately the tech team behind the forums have flagged that the "Forum news and feedback" board within the community does not populate in "latest discussions". We did create a link when the update occured within each side of the community to notify members, that link them brought them here. I am sorry I know it can be a bit frustrating Heart

Re: The CG Program, please e-mail us 😄 Let's chat @eth team@saneforums.org

@s-jay @nashy 

I guess I gave up access to the Community Guide forum, but I am certainly interested in what is going on over there regarding discussions and opportunities.  

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance